Saturday, August 4, 2018

Rima Phillips Bead Artist

Hi Everyone!

Today I would like to share with you a lovely lady who, after a lifetime, can still keep her hands moving with needle and small beads.  Her name is Rima Phillips.
In her own words
I started beading young, before high school, when some friends and I bought an Indian loom in the local “candy store” and spent a summer making headbands; I have been beading on and off ever since. That makes it what, about 70+ years!?! I used to do a lot of off-loom beading, but have been doing bead embroidery on your Nicole's BeadBacking for about 5 years now. I live in a retirement community in New Jersey and participate in the county and state senior art shows every year.  I also teach a bead class and a polymer clay class here in my community.
Here are a few of my bead art pieces from previous years:






Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

6 comments:

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Thank you for sharing this inspiring artist and her passion for beadwork!
Happy August!
-Eva Maria

DVArtist said...

Now this is fate. I was thinking of you this morning and here you are.

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Thank you for the note...it is serendipity!

Unknown said...

Rims was my teacher and is my mentor and inspiration. She’s a wonderful creative bead artsy and a dear friend

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's wonderful that Rima is continuing to share her skill and talent AND participating in sales. The pieces she has made are beautiful.
xx, Carol

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow!!! Bless her heart! Her work is amazing! Big Hugs Nicole!