Thursday, August 2, 2018

PPF 8/3/2018

Hi Everyone!

Well don't fall out of your chairs, I actually finished some art this week. 🙌 First a big thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting  
Paint Party Friday and to all the artists who join in.  
Now for the art. I am so happy with this piece of sculpted leather. 
Wine glass, ceramic shoe, leather, and topped with Swarovski crystals. This is 21.5" tall.
Sparkling Wine Anyone?




  Designed and created bead patterns this week too. 
For us dog lovers.

I have not drawn or sketched in awhile so I thought I would start back with a few 7 minute sketches. These fast and timed draws really help me to get into the drawing mode.


Please forgive the photos. It has been so dark and overcast here that my photos are crappie.

Come back tomorrow. I will be featuring one of my favorite
Bead Artist.
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous art, love that leather piece. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Very intriguing pieces today Nicole. Happy PPF

much love...

Sandy said...

Lovely sketches and loving the sparkle.
Happy PPF
Vicki-Ann :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Nicole this is a genius piece, leaves me stunned trying to work out it's construction. Fabulous flow and upcycle, the wine bottle i'm sure was enjoyed from beginning to end hee hee!!
Your sketches are magnificent too.
Have a super weekend & Happy PPF Tracey #12

JFM said...

Stunning piece of art Nicole!!!
Wonderful portrait sketches, too!

Happy PPF 🎨

sirkkis said...

Your leather art is really fabulous.
Happy PPF and weekend xx

Susan said...

Love your shoe! Such a clever use of your wonderful leather. Happy PPF

Christine said...

Creative work and beautiful sketches today Nicole!

Jean said...

Wow - your piece is so full of texture and color! The sketches are wonderful! Love the idea of a timed draw.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I think I need new glasses, I thought it was a snake when I first looked! I'm pleased I could see the detail when I clicked on the image.

Renee Dowling said...

Cool sculpture,

Jennifer Rose said...

nice quick sketches and interesting sculpture, great colours to it :)

Magic Love Crow said...

You are rocking it Nicole!! Wow! That leather piece is so cool and I love your sketches!! Big Hugs!

Nordljus said...

Oh you've been busy this week! What a wonderful sculputre! I like the idea of timed drawings. There's no excuse of not having time. And they look great!

carol l mckenna said...

All wonderfully creative ~ favorite is your leather sculpture ~ divine work!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

yes,thanks I´d like some wine. :) But I don´t think I dare try it from your sculpture :) It is amazing that you can make it so tall without spoil it. I love it. Maybe I try some day.

I loved the chain. It is fun. Next time I will do it more narrow. Not as wide. I have a lot of fun with this acrylic. Needed a break from photography. But, strange enoough I found a way to combine them :)