Thursday, August 16, 2018

Paint Party Friday 8/17

Hi Everyone!

Here it is Paint Party Friday already. My life is so busy that days just fly by. I know, you have heard me say this before but it is true. LOL  Tonight I have a mix bag of art. The last is a portrait started in graphite and then finished up with charcoal. I have a lovely set of charcoal supplies and thought I should try it. It is not as easy as graphite, anyway in this first stage of learning. 
Any tips I will gladly accept. 

So first here is another piece for my exhibit. I have just under a month to get it all together. I still have to trim 
Nicole's BeadBacking off the sides. I use it to make a soft bottom on the wooden base.


I have been making yarn balls. Only I have used other materials like this one with Nicole's BeadBacking, (NBB). It was a bit tricky because NBB is a dense fabric. But it worked.
Start with a balloon paint it with glue water. Then dip strips of NBB into the glue water and place on balloon and allow to dry.

Repeat the process until you have what you like.

Now here is the portrait. Not one of my best but learning always produces some that I will look back on and say.... What was I thinking? LOL


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

18 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

pretty good charcoal piece :) paper choice is important with charcoal, you want something with a bit of tooth to it, helps with the blending if you use a paper that isnt smooth

DVArtist said...

Thanks Jennifer. Ohhh I knew that too just didn't remember it. LOL

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art, your leather work is stunning. Time seems to fly quicker and quicker as we get older! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Nicole, such a smorgasbord of delicious art!
Love the idea of the ball...must try that!!!

Happy PPF~

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Life can really get in the way of creativity but you are managing to juggle it all perfectly Nicole, even a snippet is more than non. Thank you for sharing & wishing you some much needed down time very soon.
Creative wishes & Happy PPF Tracey xx

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Great drawing! Happy PPF!

sirkkis said...

Your art is wonderful and always creative, Nicole.
Happy PPF and weekend 🌺🦋

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are keeping pretty darned busy. I'm so happy for you to be able to enjoy all this creating. Lovely pieces.
xx, Carol

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the face. Happy PPF Nicole

much love...

Christine said...

Wonderful creative pieces Nicole!

Jean said...

Your work is inspiring!

carol l mckenna said...

All very creative ~ favorite are your leather creations! Much success at your exhibit!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

SLScheibe said...

I so love your leather work. Such a beautiful sculpture. And the charcoal drawing is lovely too!

NatureFootstep said...

love the first sculpt. It looks like antlers :) Beautiful :)
Interesting use of baloons :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Lovely art! The charcoal drawing is wonderful. Have a great time at the exhibit.

-Soma

Magic Love Crow said...

Such cool art! Love your leather sculptures! That ball is so cool! And, I love your face! I truly do! Big Hugs!

Tarang Sinha said...

You are creative. I like this portrait. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

I love the sculpt and the ball is wonderful. I also like your face. Charcoal can be challenging. I don't use it that often.