Saturday, June 18, 2011

REEDSPORT SHOW A GREAT SUCCESS

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was so warm and sunny and not much wind at all. The perfect day for our Reedsport art gallery show. Today it's raining. uuhhhgggg...
However, the energy from yesterday still lingers. We all had such a good time and made a few bucks in the process. My classes are filling up fast so if you are in the area and want a beading class from me, Nicole, then come by call the Mind Power Art gallery and sign up 417 Fir Avenue Reedsport, OR 97467-1426
(541) 271-2485
I made a display of my more traditional pieces and the response was beyond fabulous so I now have a drum making class set up as well. If you are interested in learning how to make your own traditional drum call the art gallery.

Now for the show. Nothing says it better than photos.
A shout out thank you to my Florence friends who showed up to make the day even better.
Click on the photos to see the close ups
So here is Sarah Holden's space.
She designs and creates amazing structural pieces.

Kelly Angeley's art can't compare the word amazing again.

Charmain Pesnell is by far the silver smith and dicro star
And altho I have photos of my space I didn't get one of me. daahhhh
This is my La Loba and Dragon all done in the Huichol style of beading. The Dragon was done in 1995/96 and stands 5 feet tall. The La Loba I use as my avatar

 Lots of jewelry

 A few bottles, books and Ava my model. LOL
Beaded Gourds
 Drums, pipes turtle shell necklaces awl holders and boxes
 Necklaces and earrings

All of the art on the wall is part of the traveling prison art show. Some really nice pieces.
To say the least I am tried today.
Have a great weekend!
Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

3 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome Nicole. I enjoyed seeing pictures of everyones space. What a Great grouping of wonderful Art! Wish I could have gone!

GlorV1 said...

Looks great. Lots of good stuff. Too bad you weren't able to get your space in here, it would have been fun to see. Have a great Sunday.

Jan said...

No wonder you are tired! It looks like a fabulous display, I am glad it was such a success. What is the story behind la loba?