Monday, May 23, 2011

SUE HORINE'S BEAD STORE

Hi Everyone!

It's the start of a new week. I hope that all of you had a great weekend. 
I am starting this week off by sharing with you some amazing bead art and if you don't know Sue Horine then an introduction. Over the years Sue has been a guest artist on my http://nicolecampanella.com/ web site, and this blog. First, she is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. There is not an arrogant bone in her body, which in my opinion, makes for the best artists. She owns and maintains a nursery where she has her small but busy bead store. This time of the year when people are planting gardens and getting yards overhauled from winter Sue is very busy. She did take the time to write and send photos.
For this spot I simply asked her what she was doing and if there was anything new going on with her. Wowow there is!!!
By the way Sue has been using my Nicole's BeadBacking for quite some time and when you see her bead art...well hang on to your seats.

Words from Sue;
This summer I hope to do some classes but right now my time is spent running back and forth between the Bead Gallery and our retail nursery next door. My loyal customers know to come and find me at the nursery! Sometimes I even give them the key to the shop and they bring their baskets over to the nursery to check out! This is a really small town! I do help folks with projects they need help with and am considering putting together some kits with instructions to get them started. Sometimes I wish there were 48 hours in a day so I could offer all the classes my customers want! I do quite a bit of repair work which I find fun because I love to see how things have been put together. I also do quite a bit of custom orders, though they are more stringing and not so much bead embroidery.
Sue's Bead Store
There are some new items I have brought in that have been very well received. They include lucite flowers, a line of antiqued brass findings and focals and recently I received my first shipment of Toho seed beads. I must admit that I truly love tiny seed beads, the look and the feel of them. Perhaps I am obsessed - but they are just so cool!
Several months ago I was contacted by Presh Designer Collective in San Anselmo, CA to put 10 items in their shop. This collective was founded by jewelry designer Nicole Apostoli and features hand made jewelry. I thought this would be a great opportunity to show my beadwork in a more affluent area. Though I have not actually seen the store, those of you in the area can check it out at Presh Designer Collective, 560 San Anselmo Ave., San Anselmo, CA 94960 (415) 251-9088.

The majority of my beadwork sales continues to come from my Etsy shop and linking my new listings to my facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bead-Art-by-Sue/210154317785?ref=ts) Several times I have sold a new listing within minutes by linking it to my Facebook page. Those folks on Etsy or Art Fire should have a Facebook page if they don't have one already. I resisted at first but it has been really a good thing for exposure and sales.
Nicole, I love your bead backing and use it regularly with my beadwork. I sell it to my customers too! It holds up so well for my larger pieces!
Thanks Sue I love hearing that Nicole's BeadBacking is doing it's job.


Just a few pieces of Sue's art



Okay you can stop drooling now. LOL

Sue's shop is located in the Sierra foothills about an hour east of Stockton on Highway 4. Or about 10 minutes east of the junction of Highway 49 and 4. Look for the big nursery greenhouse of Murphys Nursery.
The actuall address is Murphys Bead Gallery
88 West Hwy 4
Murphys, CA
If you are in her area please stop in to say hi and buy some beads!!!

Here are some links for Sue Horine

Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

6 comments:

Smadar's Treasure said...

Sue's work is incredible!

Orion Designs said...

That is some amazingly beautiful beadwork!

Lori said...

I have always been in awe of Sues work! What a talent..I wish I lived close enough to shop at that bead store..

Jan said...

Wow, you are right, this is supreme work! I especially love that otter piece. Thanks for sharing. this is awesome work from what sounds like an awesome person.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sue's beading is amazing! Thanks for showing it off!

Sue Irvine said...

I love "eye candy" and yours is amazing. Beautiful work. If you ever teach a class in Texas, email me.