It is a stormy wet (and let us not forget the wind) day. I did have a few errands today but nothing to get to excited about. Sooooo if you read my post about the mushroom patch my mom gifted to me you know that I was soooo excited about eating fresh mushrooms that I didn't have to hike in the woods to get. Now no one has ever said I have a green thumb, or in this case a shroom thumb. I did everything the directions told me to do. However, I felt it was too cold where I first placed the shroom patch so I moved it close to the wall heater. It seem to be doing fine. Then one morning when I went to do the misting, it looked really wet and a bit mushy. So I laid off the watering a bit. Well that made it get too dry and a white coating formed with a bit of very dark brown on top. Also the shrooms that had started to grow just stopped growing. After a few days of trying to figure out what to do, the entire patch became very white with more of the dark brown. I called the shroom place. She knew exactly what had gone wrong and what was happening. So I got it too warm by limiting the watering. The patch forms this white when it is dormant getting ready for the second growing. The dark brown color is normal too. She said it is generating nutrients and if all goes well for the second crop I should have LOTS of mushrooms. I have to let it sit for two weeks, then start the process over again. So, if you decide to get one of these, placement is key.
Here is my mushroom patch now. Boo hoo hoo no shrooms yet.
Honor and Integrity in Life in Art