Sunday, August 1, 2010

KAZURI BEADS

Hi Everyone!
I am going to say it again. My days are flying by. I looked up today and saw that it is August 1!! I guess time does fly when you are living life. So Friday Mike and I headed over to Eugene to Gem Fair. I ran into many many beading pals from around the coastal area. My good friend Linda, owner of Nye Cottage Beads in Newport, OR was there with all of her Kasuri beads. She has the best selections and even some bead colors I had not seen before. For those of you who are new to beading and don't know what Kazuri beads here is Linda's booth at GF.
Also here is a link and a word from the Kazuri site
Kazuri, which means “small and beautiful” in Swahili, began in 1975 as a tiny workshop experimenting on making handmade beads. The factory is located in what used to be part of the Karen Blixen Estate (of the Academy Award winning film "Out of Africa") fame. Its founder, Lady Susan Wood, started with two Kenyan women and soon discovered that there were many other women in the villages around Nairobi, most of whom were single mothers, who were in great need of regular employment. Driven by the desire to provide such opportunities, Kazuri has grown and today we have a large work force skilled in the making of handmade jewellery.
Now for the photos
Linda and Patty and the beads!
A better photo of Linda

beads!

beads


beads


beads


and more beads!

If you are in the Newport, OR. area be sure to stop by and say "hello" to Linda and her great staff.

NYE COTTAGE
208 NW Coast Street
P.O. Box 1211 Newport, OR 97365
Tel: (541) 265-6262Toll
Free: 1 (866) 592-5556


Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

5 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful rainbow of colors! I love browsing through trays of beads-the colors, the textures, the styles! Thanks for sharing the great photos.

GlorV1 said...

I love the colors and the styles of the beads. How fun. Thx for sharing. Have a great week.

Belinda Saville said...

Ohhh, look at all of those goodies! Linda has more Kazuri beads than I have ever seen...an impressive sight! Thanks for sharing these photos...wish I was there! B. -xo-

Marie S said...

Beautiful beads.
Great post Nicole!

Unknown said...

Awesome beads for sure and I am sure you made good purchases too!