Saturday, February 27, 2010

I AM KEEPING THIS ONE

Hi Everyone!
I don't care who wants it. I am keeping this necklace for me. I started out with about 20 ideas for this piece of glass made by my good friend Lori Cook. Mike wanted something for his jewelry box of course. However, when it came right down to it I wanted it for me. I actually have a blouse that is the same color of the green/gold dicro at the bottom of the glass. The other thing, I am always battling with, are clasps. I really dislike most of the commercial clasps that are readily available. I do purchase very expensive hand made clasps for some of my pieces, however, most of the time I make my own. The clasp on this piece is a vintage Swarovski that my Nan gave to me. Hope you enjoy!!


From beginning

To end
Bead with Honor and Integrity
Nicole/Beadwright

11 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Zowie! My eyes just about popped outta my face. That is GOR-GE-OUS!!!

Regina said...

Spectacular, no wonder you want to keep it for yourself. Beautiful colors. Enjoy!

Lori said...

Wowzer-- It turned out Beautifully! Fantastic match up with the beads!
Lori

Orion Designs said...

You deserve to keep it for yourself ... it's gorgeous!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

That came out beautifully! I'm glad you are keeping it for yourself!

Unknown said...

Wow, this piece is amazing, but no surprise since you made it. You so deserve something this beautiful.

Tristan Robin said...

of COURSE you should keep it.

I'm so sorry that I sold many of my favorite pieces over the years.

You can ALWAYS sell it - but you can't always get it back!

It's just awesome - very vibrant and has visual 'heft' - I love it.

Belinda Saville said...

Wow, that is a spectacular piece, Nicole...I would be keeping it for myself too ;-) Your Nan's clasp goes so well with the necklace...I'm sure she would smile to know that you have used it here, it is a perfect match :-)

Mary-Beth said...

an absolutely stunning piece Nicole!

BeadedTail said...

Stunning! I don't blame you one bit for keeping it!

Unknown said...

That is very exquisite work, gorgeous ~ and yep. I would keep it too.