Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Silver Cleaning

Hi everyone.
I am not a silver smith by any means. I do dabble and have taken a couple of classes. I do own a lot of old silver and Turquoise jewelry that was handed down to me from my Grandma. I got the idea that I wanted to clean it all and put it away for my daughter. UUUUhhhhggggg the thought of cleaning all that silver didn't appeal to me at all. Not until a friend told me about car polish that she uses. She told me it was very expensive and that she bought it from Rio Grand. In telling Mike, my husband about it he said, "I have some polish you can use." Well low and be hold it is the best and easiest cleaner to use. A very small dab on a clean cloth and the silver is clean as can be. Here is the back of a silver pin not clean at all. I only did half of the pin to show you the difference and it took about 20 seconds.


You can purchase this at most hardware stores



Bead with Honor and Integrity
Nicole/Beadwright

2 comments:

Brenda. said...

Amazing stuff Nicole! I've actually seen it in an ace hardware store, and now that I know how great it works, I'll have to pick some up. And...btw my dear, you've been given a blog award! Check my blog. *hugs* :)

Deronda designs... said...

Hmmm, amazing what works, huh?