Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time

When I was a young girl my Nanny would tell me that when you get older time goes by faster. Well, when you are little you have no idea what that statement even means, much less how time can move any faster when a minute is a minute and hour is an hour. Yesterday my husband, Michael, walked up to me gave me a kiss and with awe in his voice said, "Do your realize that we have been together 27 years?" This month we are celebrating our 27th anniversary and as I have been wandering back in time remembering the adventures we have shared, my Nanny's words hit home. Time does just fly by and one day you wake up to realize that all of those day, months, and years are gone. We are celebrating 27 years together and although it has been a roller coaster ride my hope is that Michael has as many good memories of those years as I do. It feels important to me to make every day count, to love each day, and to make sure those I care about know it.
Bead Happy
with Blessings
Nicole/Beadwright

3 comments:

Orion Designs said...

My eyes welled up with tears when I read this post. 27 years is a long time ... your relationship is a very special one. Thanks for sharing.
Vicki

Digital Polaroids said...

Wow! Tell us the secret, Nicole, it's 27 years!

Unknown said...

Oh congratulations!!! how wonderful!!! wishing you and Mike continued happiness!!!!

I've just tagged you - please visit my blog: http://triz-beadingmania.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-been-tagged-twice.html