Friday, September 5, 2008

Florence Bead Challenge

Hi All,

I live in Florence, OR. one of the best bead places in the world. We have an ever growing and very active bead society. Two months ago I was asked, by Lily of WaterLily Studios, to create a sample piece with a glass vessel made from one of our members, James Lais. Sure why not. I made a simple necklace and it was placed in her store. From there I opened a challenge to all of our members to create something with the vessles. James Lais is a fantastic glass artist that donated the glass vessels to our group. Twelve people stepped up to the challenge. Last night at our bead meeting the finished vessles had to be brought in. All I can say is WOW!!!! Everyone did a fantastic job. Over this weekend I will be photographing all the pieces and setting up a voting system here on my blog and my website. So come back and see what the Florence Bead Society is doing for fun. And be sure to place a vote.





This is the sample piece I made.
Bead Happy
with Blessings
Nicole/Beadwright

No comments: