Hi Everyone!
Today is Tuesday and that means a day with Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
I enjoy cooking very much. Searching, changing, inventing recipes. Making them to fit our medical needs and life style. Let's take pork chops.
Forget those thick chops with no bone or if you have them cut them long ways in half. If you want a juicy chop place the chops covered in cold water with salt, cover and put in fridg for NO LONGER than 2 hours. If you want a very tender chop, place in real milk cover and set in fridg for NO LONGER that 2 hours. Once the chops are ready for the pan dry them as much as you can. I mean DRY them. Make your pan screaming hot, add a small amount of oil, lard or ghee. Salt and pepper the chop and place in pan season side down. Season the top side. DO NOT TOUCH it for 4 minutes or until the chop lifts right off the pan. Flip it over and cook another 2 minutes or so. Once it is done let it set for 5 minutes covered with a dish towel. Not tin foil, not a paper towel, a clean dish towel. Any juices pour over the chops and serve.
One day I made "Dirty Cabbage" The homemade bread was baked in my air fryer. This is so darn good that the next day Mr. M. had it in a taco. Come on almost everything taste good in a corn tortilla.
This next recipe is too good to pass up. It's cake in a cup made in the microwave.
1/4 c flour, 1/4 c sugar, (I used less sugar, I don't think it needs 1/4 cup)
2T cocoa powder, 1/8 t salt, 1/8 t backing soda. Mix to combine.
2T cocoa powder, 1/8 t salt, 1/8 t backing soda. Mix to combine.
Mix it all up. At this point I did have a mug and poured the mixture into it. Now place the mug into the microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds and you will have the best one serving chocolate cake ever. I pulled a bit of the top off to show you how nice and moist this is.
My drink today is good ol' water.

13 comments:
I don’t k now if I have ever personally met someone who likes to cook. Oh yes, now I remember my old friend, Paul, who moved away a long time ago.
We all have to eat, so variety and creativity is a good thing!
I have tried mug cakes and have never been very successful with them.
Thanks, Nicole. I wish a lovely Tuesday to you too.
I just drank 3 bottles of water after back from 4-hr-morning-walk :-)) Have never made or had a mug cake as I have no microwave. The pork chop looks very succulent!
I haven't heard of dirty cabbage, but it looks amazing. In fact all your food looks yummy, especially that mug cake. I haven't made a mug cake in a long time. :) I hope you have a super T day Nicole, and some yummy food this week too. hugs-Erika
...good ol' water on the rocks is my drink of choice.
Lots of good things here! Eating well at Nicole's house!
Your cooking is amazing! Yum!
Everything looks delicious. Do you make your own corn tortillas? That's something I'd like to try doing. If you do, do you have recipe on your blog? Have foodietastic day, Nicole! xo
I have made my own corn tortillas, and do make my own flour. But the corn ones are difficult for me to make and I don't have a tortilla press any more.
Your food does look good, mug cakes are so quick and easy.
All the best Jan
Not a meat eater but all sounds good ~ cake in a cup looks yummy ~
Hugs ^_^
Post a Comment