Sunday, September 20, 2026

SITAR

 Welcome to
 
This week, it is my absolute pleasure to feature a brilliant talent from our own blogging community Soma Acharya from InkTorrents 
 Soma is an artist and creator from Napa, California, where she turns her original paintings, and drawings into cloth-bound notebooks, art prints and stationary. 
 
Each custom-made book is hand stitched, by Soma, to lay perfectly flat, featuring her unique, original cover artwork.



You can see all of the books she has for sale in her shop on her website, here. 
 The books are reasonably priced and you have original art forever.
  
Creating with Copic markers, watercolors, colored pencils, oil paints, oil pastels and charcoal Soma's detailed landscapes, nature scenes, and wildlife drawings such as, local Napa scenery, Yosemite landscapes, and botanical illustrations are masterful. 
 
 
 





However, this is not all that she creates.  Soma is also a textile designer and quilter who releases unique, illustrative foundation paper piecing (FPP). Her work stands out because every pattern originates from her personal paintings, blending the worlds of fine art and quilting.
These quilt patterns can be found on her website here.




 
Clearly, Soma shares our deep passion for art and fully embraces her artistic journey. A journey she extends to include every single one of us. Right now, Soma is hosting a two week drawing challenge with daily prompts. 
The theme is, "Qiet Earth."
Soma has made it very easy, in fact there is only 1 rule. The art must be not larger than 2"x3". 
I have enter 3 pieces so far, and the project has pushed me well past my comfort zone. As you know my typical art is large scale paper and canvas. However, I'm having so much fun!
Take a few minutes to visit Soma and then join in. You won't regret it. 
 
I will be joining Gillena
Have a great Sunday
Nicole
 

16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, Soma´s art and challenges are fun! I might return to my little watercolor drawings :-)
Ad her art is so delightful, too!

kwarkito said...

Merci beaucoup pour ce lien et ces informations.bonne semaine

David M. Gascoigne, said...

She is hugely talented and she deserves to be featured on your blog. It gives her great exposure.

Tom said...

...Nicole, Soma is an excellent choice for SITAR!!! Be well.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was at her site last week and saw her challenge. She does amazing work and I especially like her quilts. Wonderful of you to showcase her art. Happy SITAR and Sunday Smiles.

Angie's Recipes said...

A very talented artist. I love those quilts especially.

Christine said...

Soma is really talented!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I know this blog and have been following it for awhile -- isn't Soma a marvelous artist at everything she does!

Jeanie said...

I love Soma's blog and work. Are you doing her couple weeks of posting right now? I had such good intentions but the week has got away from me!

Giorgio said...

Marvelous drawing of the vineyard. It's interesting to follow that artist.
Have a lovely new week, Nicole.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I truly am very grateful. Thank you, Nicole. This means the a lot to me.

-Soma

Gillena Cox said...

Great art from Soma
Happy Sunday, Nicole
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles

Much love

peppylady (Dora) said...

The bear is well done.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Soma has tremendous talent! Beautiful art!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! She is hugely talented, thank you for highlighting her here.

I hope you are enjoying a happy Sunday.

All the best Jan

an artist reflects said...

Soma is a fantastic artist ~ love her work ~ Hugs ^_^