Hi Everyone!
I'm having blood pressure problems. Too low for me, but the doc says, "Oh that's nothing to worry about." Well, 91/65 may not be anything for him to worry about but it makes me feel horrible. I ate and used salt and I'm feeling better but totally exhausted from my day. lupus sucks the life out of me.
I will get over this and be back to my normal soon.
In the meantime. Last month I wrote about seeing a dentist that wanted to charge me $3,000.00 to fix 2 teeth. I decided to get a second opinion and I'm so happy I did.
First the dentist office phoned and said they had a cancellation if I wanted to come in early. Oh, yes! The office is literally a 2 minute drive away. As I sat in the big chair the assistant joyfully spoke to me. Dr. Daren, as he likes to be called, showed me the ex rays that were sent over from the last dentist. He did an exam and said, "I can fix this with out removing your crown." I said Ok, I will make an appointment up front." As I'm getting ready to walk out of the exam room the assistant said we can take care of this for you today. I said, "Yes, please" She pulled up the pricing and quoted me, are ready for this? $500.00. OMG! Uhhh yeahhh!!! With the exam and repairing of 2 teeth it took less than an hour. I also purchased some toothpaste for Sjogren's that he recommended. I like this young man and all the people that work there. I made an appt for my next teeth cleaning and canceled the one at the "rip off dentist"I know this may seem like such a boring subject but saving this much money is big for me. LOL
Do you have a story where you got a second opinion that worked out well? Let me know in the comments.
Have a good day
Nicole


20 comments:
I have a dentists who saved a tooth and a lot of money.
...my blood pressure can be a bit lower that that!
Geez, 3000 and 500!! That's a huge difference.
Wow it pays to shop around
For significant and costly medical issues—especially given the prevalence of exploitation—a second opinion is essential! I’m happy for you, Nicole! Dentist fees are very high here, too!!
The first dentist was certainly a big rip off, glad you got the tooth fixed and isn't it good when people are nice.
The blood pressure, oh gosh that is a bit low as you know, Nicole.
Good luck and take care.
I got a tooth saved, too via second opinion. And my whole hand cause "my" doctor was sick and his retired father not only sent me to neurologist like he would´ve done, but wanted to see and feel my arm, sent me to a big clinic (Hanover) and the next morning they saved it all. Otherwise I´d very likely lost the function of my right hand.
Sometimes we are lucky huh.
I hope you can kick Lupus in it´s butt today for a loooong ride around the corner!
Hoping you haveca good day today, Nicole
Much love
Bravo for you for finding another dentist more reasonable ~ Hope it works out for you '~ Hugs ^_^
Wow, dentists are so expensive.
I hope you feel better soon.
Dear Nicole, I am so sorry you are feeling lethargic. I don't have Lupus, but I totally understand feeling tired! I especially feel more tired in the summer with the extreme heat and humidity we get here in Montreal! It just takes the energy right out of me!
Dear friend, I am glad that you are saving money! In this day and age with the cost of living skyrocketing the way it has been, being able to save money is really a big deal! I am very happy for you!
That is quite the savings. Yay for you and hope you can have a nice day.
I am glad for you, Nicole. US 2500 is a big amount of money to save. I have a similar story with a dentist and I am happy I asked for a second opinion. Of course, I never visited the first dentist again. Hugs, my friend.
The price difference is so crazy. But congrats for finding a good dentist and getting to down right away. Isn't it crazy how one dentist charges 3,000 dollars and one only charges 500. hugs-Erika
Denists are very expensive here as well. I have been going to this dental office for 25 years and have always been very happy with them, but the prices they quote are not the cheapest, unfortunately. Thankfully we have dental insurance, but they only cover a part of the cost. I hope this Lupus flare up will be over very soon.
I'm so glad for you that's wonderful
That IS good news! Hooray for second opinions.
Boring, NOT! Two minutes away is awesome! I like everything close to home. Congrats on saving so much!!! That could buy a lot of art supplies among other things., Nicole! You mentioned toothpaste for Sjogren's. My sister Barb has that. Maybe it might help her. What is it? Glad the salt helped with the BP. Mine has gone a lot lower that that. 😱. All the best to you!
Sorry to read about your blood pressure problems ... do take good care.
Well done on getting a much better price for your dentist treatment.
All the best Jan
I sometimes think that dentists should be know as extortioners!
Post a Comment