Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)
This is the place to show off your face art.
You
know, ANY type of face, nature, the face of a flower, photography,
drawings, paintings, AI. There just needs to be a face in your blog post, a
link back to my blog and please use the image below.
Thank you.
I hope everyone has had a good week. I have. Even though lupus wants to linger I am about 75% back to my normal self. What a relief. Thank you very much for all the well wishes. It means everything to me.
For those of you who have been with me for a long time, you may remember that I used to paint quite a bit. Like, everyday. Some portraits.
This one I actually sold.
I also painted lots of abstracts
and a lot of landscapes.
It has been at least 2 years since I have picked up a paint brush.
A few days ago I thought I would take up Mr. M's. challenge and paint a portrait. I gave myself 2 hours to complete it. OMG!!!!!! What a mess. 😁
So much so that I an NOT going to show it here. It is true that if you stop using it you lose it. I wrote all of that to say, don't stop creating! I'm kind of stuck, or in love with graphite but that shouldn't stop me from painting, or using colored pencils or whatever other medium I want to play with. That leaves us with the time element in our lives. I saw a wonderful video the other day that said, ditch the phone, turn off the TV, make your art space something where you have no distractions. Turn on some good music, or what EVER makes you get into the zone for creating. Just create, you will be happier for.
Here is what I created for FFO.
She starts like this. This woman had a forehead that was longer that a mile and a lot of bumps and marks on it. I gave her bangs to calm it down. That's the joy of art, you can change anything.
She ended up like this.
Instead of AI today, Mr. M. found these two photos while he was going through a box of old photos.
My Nan, in 2003 at 98 years. She lived to be 104 years. It's the one thing we have in my family, good hair.
Me in my late 30s. I was an avid bow hunter. This is land connected to my land at the time. Nothing like fresh grouse for dinner.
Now to see some features.












35 comments:
You are a great artist, Nicole. I love your art.
Your were a bow hunter? Wow! Live Artemis, the Greek Goddess!!!
Hugs, my friend.
Great news with the 75%!!! Yippeeee.
And yes, you are right. I should start watercolors and such again! At least I keep that journal...
Wow on hair and age! In my family.... both sides.... neither.
Ingo cut my hair a couple of weeks ago and when I added my FFO today I thought, hm, could be me ;-) OK, it´s not THAT bad... I don´t wear a pink bow.
Have a happy Friday!
You draw eyes so well. That's a gift.
Dearest Nicole, I'm soooooooo happy for you that you're feeling better again!
It may well be true that skills like painting, playing an instrument, or lifting weights need to be practiced regularly to maintain their proficiency. But you don't lose them permanently. If you start practicing again, you can paint with a brush again. But perhaps your love of graphite is a sign that you've developed more in that direction—every artist has their phases, like Picasso's "blue period." This is your graphite period now. And your drawing of your woman with the turban and those lovely laugh lines turned out wonderfully—a warm, pretty face!
Your Nan still looked really chic at 98! And yes, her hair, wow! I'm sure many younger people envy her for that! Is yours like that too? Unfortunately, I can't see much of it in the photo of you as a younger woman with the grouse you've bagged, but it certainly suggests an adventurous life!
All the best from Austria and many hugs 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/06/reisebericht-2025-von-ahornblattern-und.html
Merci beaucoup de nous offrir toute cette production artistique si variée et si brillante. merci et surtout bravo
Creative confidence comes back through practice, and I love your reminder to keep creating
...a bow hunter! There's always something new to learn about you. Thanks for hosting the party, take care and be well.
Lovely portrait! So glad you are feeling better!
Glad you are well enough to do some arting whether successful or not.
I love your point about not stopping one kind of art to do another. It's got to be good to do all kinds of art-or good for our brains and coodinations at least. I like your paintings. And I like your face this week a lot too. Glad to hear you are on the improve also. :) hugs-Erika
I haven't really painted in quite a while. These days I don't have time to get totally lost in it. And for me that is a requirement when I am painting.
Sorry no face for today.
I think those bangs were a good idea -- otherwise, that lady has a WHOLE LOTTA forehead!
I like the portrait that you sold. Also like your drawing of the woman with the scarf on her head.
Beautiful photo of you when you were 30.
Take care.
I remember your painting from the "Paint Party Friday" blog, in which we used to participate weekly. I totally agree that as artists, we need to have a designated space to work in. I like to light incense and play my music, which varies in genre, depending on my mood. The media I use varies too, depending on how I feel or what I want to create. I'm not able to create art everyday, due to my work, but I do it regularly. Anyway, I love your graphite portrait. The texture on her "hat" is amazing, and intrigued by your use of an electric eraser to do so. I also enjoyed seeing your vintage photos, and would've never guessed that you were an avid hunter. I pray that you continue to take control of your Lupus, and find peace in your art and family. Blessings, my friend!
My whole post is filled with faces today -- only a few painted, most people. I do love your portrait and also seeing you young and your lovely gran!
Congratulations to your sold picture. A great success indeed.
Happy to see another paintings here again. Thank you sharing and for hosting. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
Lovely portrait ~ glad you are feeling better ~ Hugs ^_^
The drawing is full of happiness. Great art with great advice.
May
The eyes are the BEST! And that's the lovely picture of you and two dogs.
Happy Friday, Nicole
Thanks for linking to AFFF
MUCH LOVE
Nicole, I am happy you are still here for FFO. Your work shared is always amazing. Here is my first in a long time. Glad to share it.
Every time I read your blog I learn something new. Today - a bow hunter. Respect. I like the photo of you, you look so happy. And your Nan - oh my, that hair! How beautiful. I also really like your landscape, and today's portrait is so beautiful. She looks so lovely and friendly, someone I would like to have a conversation with.
I agree about carving out time and space for creating, because it really is so important for well-being. I feel that all the time, even if I just doodle for a couple minutes.
I love your graphite works! They have such charm and wonderful details. Sweet pic of your Nan too. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Great that you are feeling so much better! May it last.
I didn't know you were a bow hunter. I did archery for a few years, but stopped doing it this year. I wasn't improving (although I did my best) and I got bored.
I love the drawn portrait. Is it an existing person or have you made her up?
Keep Smiling,
Happy Friday,
Lisca
Your drawing is wonderful, Nicole. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Have a great weekend! :-)
I love t he photo of you playing Diana the Huntress!
Lovely portrait, the eyes are fabulous.
I bet if you started painting a bunch again it would come back. I like the sketch you did.
As always, your artwork is impressive to me. Nice to see you bow hunting. My son loves the sport. Thank you for linking up.
I liked seeing all your family photos! 104 is quite a long life and you are right, she has quite a head of hair. I think you did a great job with the portrait.
I forgot it was friday.
The one you sold is my favorite too! I think you're into a great vein of work there
Sorry to be late visiting. I thought I entered already. It's not been a good Friday for me.
I remember from YEARS ago you showing us your bow hunting skills. I'm still impressed.
Your Nan is lovely. You have great hair AND longevity in your family.
I especially love your abstracts. The eyes on the face you made this week are what drew me in.
Thanks ever so much for featuring one of my ICADs this week, Nicole. Glad you are feeling better.
Your ladies eyes are so kind, beautiful pencil work Nicole. I'm glad to picked up the paint brush again, no pressure to share there's so much to enjoy with those brush strokes and the freedom to just let that paintbrush dance on the canvas. Memory muscle just needs a little nudge to get back to full steam.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend Hugs Tracey x
So pleased you are feeling better.
How wonderful to live 'til 104, my oldest Nan lived 'til 99.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment