Hi Everyone!
Today is Tuesday, that means I'm joining Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
A few weeks ago I purchased some organic coconut sugar and flour.
The sugar is very sweet and it's not white.
They bake very quickly. The bottoms started to darken and middles were raw. I tuned them over and put them back in the oven. Mr. M. thought they were great. Not so much for me.
I know the problem though. I used aquafaba for the eggs and added vanilla. This made the dough much looser than the recipe called for and even though I added more flour it still wasn't right. As soon as I remake them I will show how they turn out.
In other food,
I make CKD burritos in a large batch double wrap them and then freeze them. They make the perfect meal for those days I just don't want to cook. This is just one plate. I froze double this.
Mr. M. made a dinghy in 09. It's just a small row boat that he used to take out on the river. It needed some updating, sanding and new paint.
It took him longer than usual due to his health but It looks sooooo good.
That's about it for now.
My drink this week is bubly sparkling water. It's blackberry flavor. It's OK but I like the non flavored better.
Have a great day
Nicole
29 comments:
The boat looks so smart. Good job!
I love drinking soda a little bit, and not too much. To be honest, the blackberry flavor is my fave either. I think we have something in common here. Good afternoon from Indonesia
...EVERYTHING takes me longer to do today than it did in the past!
Coconut flour is kinda difficult to bake..the texture of the baked goods is off, though the taste fine. I like to use coconut sugar. Mr. M is a very handy man.
I love coconut, but DH seems to be sensitive to it. It's been a while since I've made anything with coconut, but plan on making some granola using coconut as a road test to see if he can tolerate any better. I hope everything goes well! We drink Bubly occasionally. The raspberry is really good. :) Have a good week, Nicole! xo
Good morning, I can relate to changing up ingredients have had my share of failures too I haven't tried out the bubly yet The boat looks fantastic. Happy Tuesday and new week Kathy
I am sorry to hear that the cookies didn’t turn out so well. The only diabetic cookie recipes I have aren’t kidney friendly.
Aquafaba is tricky to work with, I find that once in a while, it doesn’t work as well. No clue why.
Oh, I also meant to say, I have some of that Bubly water. I find that with a flavor, it needs a little sweetness added.
Your little boat looks wonderful! I wish I had it out here on Vancouver to tootle around the bays and inlets.
I've used coconut flour before, and I like to mix it with regular flour. I don't know if that works for CKD, but (and I'm trying to remember) I think it was a 50% mix of each flour. It tastes great if you make something chocolate because it tastes like coconut. And that dingy does look great. Your husband has done a super job! Happy T day. hugs-Erika
Your boat looks fabulous and that's a great tip about the burritos!
Never heard of sparkling water blackberry flavored. Il like burritos filled with beef, Mexican beans and cheese. It seems they're also known in Texas.
I've never tried any of these things. The boat does really look good. I tried almond flour for the first time last year and it was okay. It tastes very crumbly.
Adorei suas dicas!
Vou conhecer mais de seu
Blog e voltarei aqui para
comentar melhor.
Se passar no meu Blog Espelhando
vou icar conente.
Bjins
CatiahôAlc.
DVArte,
Desculpa, eu já conheço seu
Blog sim! E sou grata por ler no Espelhando
sempre. Assim que apertei o enter, lembrei.
Andei ausente por questões familiares e
com isso me desantenei.
VC é a Blogueira que vive no exterior
e que alou a respeito de queirem
livros no seu lugar, é? Me responde
lá no Espelhando, por avor.
Bjins e linda semana.
CatiahôAlc.
Wow, your hubby's boat looks amazing! Well done Mr M!
I've never used coconut flower or sugar. I didn't even knew it existed. I suppose you have to continue experimenting. If cookies are raw in the middle and nearly burnt at the bottom, then (in my opinion) the oven temperature is too high. Try lower temperature and longer timing.
What a good idea to make and freeze burritos.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
Never seen coconut sugar or flour
Thanks for sharing
Happy Tuesday
Much love
Kokos miluji ve všech podobách.
The row boat looks awesome ~ well done "~ ^_^
Lots of goodies here ~ delish ~ thanks and hugs ^_^
Your little boat looks great... well done Mr.M.
All the best Jan
I love your boat, Nicole. I drink a lot of water to make sure I stay hydrated.
I love sparkling water with no sugar or any additives. My favourite flavours are watermelon 🍉 lemon 🍋 lime and grape.
The boat looks wonderful. I have never baked with that type of flour.
I swear I live a very sheltered life. I'd never heard of coconut flour or coconut sugar until I read your post. I used to love coconut, but a few years ago found out I was allergic to it. I hope your baked cookies turn out great next time.
I lover burritos and had them last night. Mine are cheese only. I use colby jack cheese and they are fabulous.
Mr. M did a great job on the boat. He is quite talented. I have to admit that everything takes me longer these days, too.
Your blackberry sparkling water sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing your week and drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.
I would want the boat myself too
Blackberry flavored water sounds good ,but we don’t drink flavored except to have a slice of lemon in it when we go out to eat, BTW your husband did a great job with the boat! HappyT Day! Foxy Stamping-Sharon
Un post muy interesante, gracias por compartir. Besitos.
We don't always have good results in the kitchen, better luck next time at least you know what you did wrong.
The boat is looking really lovely, your husband did a great job, and it doesn't matter how long it takes to do it, it's self-satisfaction in the end.
Dear Nichole
I can relate because when I was making cake for the first time I missed something and then no matter how hard I tried result wasn’t as expected, such recipes seem too delicate matter to me lol
Your burritos look great and this is wise to freeze them for later when you are not in mood to cook
Mr M looks nice and healthy by the grace of God ! It is nice he fixed his boat in spare time. It must definitely have brought him sense of adventure.
Simple water is best ,I will see if sparkling water is different than plain water we drink here
Dear Nichole today I saw some bbc show in which world’s current affairs are presented.
They shared a report about latest treatment discovery for lupus. I thought of you immediately. I hope you can find more information on this
Sharing link ,hope it works https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4gy2d9y5z3o
Post a Comment