Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Coconut cookies

 Hi Everyone!
 
Today is rainy and a bit chili so I decided to try the coconut cookies again. This time I followed the package direction to the tee. OMG! Who ever wrote these instructions obviously didn't prof it. 
When all of the ingredients are mixed and the chocolate chips added the dough is supposed to be thick enough to make a ball in your hands. 
Uhhhh no way.
This dough is very wet. No way to roll it into balls.
I added 5T one at a time of APF. That made it thick enough to roll and mash down with a glass.
They came out a lot better than the first try. However, I still don't like them. I will have to play around with the coconut flour mixing it with other flours. The sugar seems to be fine.

I write my posts the day before. So, today is Tuesday and what is best for dinner on Tuesdays? You got it
Tostadas!
Homemade refried beans, ground beef, cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and avocado on the side. 
 
That's it for now.
Have a great day.
Nicole
 

 

28 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

That salad looks good (as you know, I´m not into sweet thing ;-)...)

Anvilcloud said...

Baking no longer occurs in this domicile.

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never trusted the recipes at the back of package. They usually suck big time. I find mixing coconut flour with other gluten free flour for baked goods gets better result.

Tom said...

...dinner looks GREAT!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The salad looks very appealing. A slice of avocado can do wonders!

Giorgio said...

Great recipe Nicole. I'll give it a try.

Lowcarb team member said...

Almond flour and coconut flour are very different to ordinary flours, it may be worthwhile having a look at some of the very helpful guides available on the internet... but happy baking.

I do like the look of your dinner :)

All the best Jan

Gillena Cox said...

Yum, yum
Have a good day
Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much love

an artist reflects said...

Oh so glad the cookies came out to your liking ~
That salad sounds and looks delish! ~ Hugs ^_^

Bill said...

Your salad looks refreshing.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

The salad looks delicious, the cookies very good!

Mary Kirkland said...

it's too hot here to turn the oven on right now. I hope you find a recipe that makes good cookies. That tostada looks good.

Michelle said...

The tostada looks delicious!

Gil said...

Uno de mis postres favoritos!!!!! Un abrazo y buen apetito, Nicole.

Kathylorraine said...

It all looks delicious! I have found coconut flour difficult to bake with as well I usually add a little to my gluten free flour if I want to bake with it

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

That's a shame to waste all the ingredients for the cookies. I would find a new recipe. Your salad looks really good.

baili said...

Dear Nichole
Sorry for coconut cookies did not went as expected,yet they look delicious
To be honest directions on the packaging rarely come across as good as expected 😏
Your dinner plate looks so good and healthy
Hope you are enjoying cool weather my friend, back in our southern city heat is extreme but here in Islamabad it’s better thankfully
Heartfelt love and prayers to you and yours ♥️🙏

roentare said...

That looks delish!

jabblog said...

You are determined. I would have washed my hands of the whole cookie thing.

Margaret D said...

Looks great your salad. Unfortunately, my husband can't have avocado too much potassium as he struggles to keep it from being high.
Those biscuits are a problem but you will get there, as
I have read between the lines and your determination comes through, Nicole.

Gene Black said...

Coconut flour is unique, in that after adding the liquid ingredients, it needs ro sit (rest) for about ten minutes. During this time it absorbs some of the liquid. Most recipes fail to mention that.
But I will say that even knowing it, I have limited luck with coconut flour. I can use almond flour, so that is my go to flour for baking. But I always use a recipe with it a few times before I make any changes.

My name is Erika. said...

No that dough does not look like you can roll it. They still look tasty and I hope you get the recipe fixed soon.

Jeanie said...

It's always so disappointing when a recipe is a fail -- although at least they were better than before. I remember when I was part of a group doing a cookbook. After the recipes were narrowed down, every recipe had to be prepared and tested six times by different cooks and rated (that version) by a group of six or more on some specific qualities. I've never had a recipe from that cookbook fail.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Juvenal Nunes said...

Esses bolinhos de coco, de certeza que vão bem, num dia frio, com uma reconfortante chávena de chá quente.
Abraço de amizade.
Juvenal Nunes

Garfield said...

Eu amo cookies!

Venha conferir e seguir o meu blog. Já adicionei você como amigo.

Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ii applaud you for your perseverance. You'll get it the way you want them before long. I'm sure!

Your meal of tostados looks delicious. Now I'm hungry.

Cloudia said...

Mmmmm