Monday, March 25, 2024

T Stands for not a lot going on.

 Hi Everyone!
Well, it's been a pretty uneventful weekend.
The rain is pouring and it is quite gloomy out. I did take a ride north out of town to a fabulous Nursery Called  Laurel Bay Gardens. I have to tell you it is a place I have avoided in the past because the staff was so rude. However, I needed seed potatoes so I broke down and phoned them. I got a very nice, helpful and generally pleasant woman on the phone. She put two sacks of potatoes back for me and I drove over the next day. They have new owners. What a beautiful store and nursery. Plus soil, rocks and anything else you would need. Her name is Robin.
Today I had my annual MRI. I was so glad to get my usual guy. As we were talking he told me his wife works at Laurel Bay. I ask her name and it is Robin. It just seemed perfect. I got the seed potatoes and a few other items. I will have to stay out of that store. ha ha ha
I also have a second group of seeds germinating.
 Squashes, Cucs and more peas.

Mr. M. and I watched movies most of the weekend. He has not been feeling well and today we found out he is in stage 2 kidney failure. This is something that was not in our radar at all. There are some things the doctor wants him to do and then retest tomorrow afternoon. If things haven't calmed down I will take him to the ER for more testing. I told Mr. M. the other day that he is loosing weight. I hope that is not part of all of this. 
OK..... before this I made muffins. I had some coconut and coconut milk. Hmmmm the milk has hardly any taste at all. Mr. M. doesn't like coconut so I made him chocolate chip muffins.

Like I said it is all about the water in this house. I'm joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth
 
Old ladies drinking wine | Funny old people, Red hat ladies, Red hats
 
 
OK, so it isn't water, it is, however, what I wish I was drinking minus the strippers. 😁 
 
Nicole

20 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Nicole all the best yo your hubby. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I guess it's your husband's turn to have medical issues now -- best of luck to him! I hope the doctors get everything fixed up. And Garden Centre Robin and her MRI husband -- small world, isn't it?

Rita said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about Mr. M!!
Glad that store was sold and the people there are rude anymore. That's a plus. Your plants/seedlings are looking good.
I hope you get some good news for the Mr. *hugs*

Iris Flavia said...

What very nice coincidences!!
To a proper management! I´ll never get why people do a grumpy job - life is too precious for being grumpy.
So sorry for your hubby. Scary.
Glad you still have your humor. Best wishes from here! Hope all turns out somehow "good"! And you have a good day, too. Hugs.

Katerinas Blog said...

Everything looks delicious! You probably also produce your own products. This is awesome! I like people to be nice in a store.. All the best!

roentare said...

Bring on the male strippers is such a cool quote!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Serendipity is always fun! Sorry to hear about your husband’s problems and hope that everything works out well.,

Tom said...

...Thursday I go for a kidney scan!

Gene Black said...

I am glad you had a good experience at the plant store. There is one here in town and the last time I was in, I asked the owner if they had something
. He looked at me like i was an idiot and said “How would I know?” I didn’t reply, I just left. I mean, if you’re the owner, and you’re working the floor you really should know what you’ve got and what you don’t.
I’m sorry to hear Mr M’s diagnosis. Hopefully it will be treatable. Sometimes those tests aren’t accurate. My doc wanted to put me on a med because one of my tests came back high. I convinced him to wait until we tested again. At that point, I was fine.

Mae Travels said...

So sorry to hear that your husband has newly discovered health problems, and I wish him a good prognosis and recovery soon.

Last night's dinner included some potatoes that looked just like your photo, but I cut off the wannabe sprouts, and peeled, boiled, and mashed them.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Empire of the Cat said...

Sorry to hear about your DH's health problems, hope they can resolve it soon. It's getting towards the end of March which here is the deadline for planting early potatoes but I won't be able to plant any this year, so I'll just have to watch yours growing instead. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

My name is Erika. said...

It’s exciting that you get to plant shop. It’s one of my favorite things to do. And at least the new owners are nice too. I’ve baked with coconut flour before and it really adds a coconut taste. I haven’t tried any other coconut products though. I hope you’re having a great T day Nicole. Hugs Erika

Carola Bartz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health issues, Nicole - kidney failure sounds scary. I really hope things will improve for him asap. All the best wishes to him. - I remember passing that nursery on our many trips up 101 through Oregon. It's good that the new owners are so much nicer. I don't understand how you can be rude while being around plants. What a coincidence that the MRI guy's wife works there. How did your MRI go? Do you ever get claustrophobic in that tube? Happy T day, hugs - Carola

pearshapedcrafting said...

It looks as though the new owners have turned things around - I suspect that this won't be your last visit! What a coincidence you also know Robin's husband! So sorry to read of your husband's kidneys hopefully with treatment he'll be on the mend soon! Happy T, Chrisx

NatureFootstep said...

Love the ladies having wine :)

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you got good customer service and wow that MRI man was Robin's husband ~ a good sign I would think ~ hugs,

carol l mckenna
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

CJ Kennedy said...

Sounds like the garden shop will become a new favorite especially with the new owners. Himself is busy downstairs cataloging seeds, planting them, and generally having fun and staying out of my hair. I hope everything works out well for you husband. Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

That's a serendipitous encounter and a delightful one. But I'm so sorry to hear the news of your husband's kidney disease. I hope things can get on a good track soon.

Sharon Madson said...

I am so sorry to hear of the health issues of your hubby. It is neat about you meeting Robin and then finding your other connection to her. Happy T Day.

baili said...

I am sorry dear for your hubby having health issues!
Hope and pray that all will be fine and soon.i feel surprised because it seems you both are as well. The idea for second opinion is best to avoid any kind of misunderstanding. Thinking of you with heart full of prays and best wishes!

How nice that that drive on gloomy day made you cheerful because new staff of old shop was friendly 😍
Indeed we all humans find solace in kindred spirits :)
Your potatoes growing nicely.
The muffins look so tasty.
Hugs and blessings