Monday, January 15, 2024

T Stands for winter not so wonderland

 Hi Everyone!

I know that a lot of you are snowed in, power outages, winds and just horrible weather. It is the same here. I live in a coastal town on the Oregon coast. Our weather is cold to cool all year long with heavy winds that will blow you away. So when we get snow, ice, sleet on top of all of that it gets dangerous. There is one road out of my town going east, (inland) it's 126 it has 2 road closures right now due to snow, ice and downed trees. An alternate route, that is hours out of the way, is closed as well. So we are stuck until things can get open. How are things where you live?

May be an image of map, road and text 

Today I saw the foot doctor. We've become friends and so when he walked into the room he asked with a big smile, under his mask, "How are you this week?" I told him I was a bit disappointed in that my ankle wasn't completely healed.  He walk over to the recliner medical chair and looked down at my foot. He let out with a big, "WOW!" He said I have done an amazing job healing the wound and in medical terms the wound is healed. There is one little spot that the skin needs to cover. He said that will heal over in a day or so. 

He gave me instruction on how to massage the area, that I can get rid of the medical boot, I can start home physical therapy, and even walk on the tread mill. Guess what, Mr. M. will be happy that I can now manage the stairs and start sleeping with him again. I have been sleeping on the couch down stairs for that last 3 months. 

It started like this. Blood blisters from the surgery and lupus attack. 

The bandage and medical shoe I was wearing opened it up and created this. There was no pain so I didn't realize what what happening.


 I have learned much about skin and the way it heals. With the Dr. oversight I did my own wound care with herbals.



It is so hard to take a photo of your own ankle. LOL I don't need to see the Dr. for a month unless something happens. 

Now for something I have been waiting for.
A walk in my back yard.


 Oregon is one of the best places for muchrooms.


 Each year I find new varieties in my yard.


 


 


 These mushrooms are everywhere.




 My pork n beans plants is growing and doesn't seem to be bothered by the weather.



 These grow year round.


 and wherever it wants.


 Now this is bad, when I can get a family pack of chicken 14 pieces. 


 and pay more for eggs.

 

 One of the onions from my garden last year.


 Has decided it wants to grow. This is day one.


 Chile Relleno casserole




 It is the best served with rice.


To get into the T-Party, hosted by
Bleubeard and Elizabeth, I need to show a drink. I got ICE today. So refreshing.

Stay warm and safe.

Nicole

31 comments:

Tom said...

..good news from the doc, keep healing.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I got text from son, in Medford. They where in the 40's

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Good healing there! You foot looks great.
More for eggs? The prices here have gone down, but not by much. Meat sales have been surprising though.
That is a big road closing.
Don't over do the foot use. Stay safe!

My name is Erika. said...

It was in the 20's here today, with temperatures tonight dropping to about 18. Cold, but this is normal for us at this time of year. Snow is due in tomorrow. WE run the woodstove when it gets this cold, and I layer up, so this isn't bad. I know you don't live in a big snow area, so that must be tough. But that is good news about your foot. Hurrah. You must be so happy. Have a great T day Nicole. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

Mmmm I do love the Sparkling Ice to drink.
We are expecting possible ice or snow late tonight. If there is ice, power outages are likely. We have prepared as best we can. I am staying with Mom and I brought my little propane cooktop just in case. At least get heat will work without electricity.

Mae Travels said...

Keep healing!!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you have had such bad weather, how strange to be completely shut in. And I am really happy to hear that your foot is so much better.This has been a long, hard fight for you. Way to go! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

OK, I will not complain about our weather anymore! Yours seems horrible all year round then!
But yay to your foot and especially to sleeping with your hubby again, that must´ve been very lonely (when Ingo was sick he could not sleep in the bed either).
New year, new health, have a great T-Day!

Christine said...

So glad you are healing so well Nicole! Enjoyed the garden photos.

Christine said...

So hlad you are healing so well Nicole. Enjoyed the garden photos - Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

ashok said...

Good to see your healing...
Are those mushrooms edible?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Really great news about your ankle. And even better news about being able to get rid of the boot. Great photos of your garden, too. You find some unique mushrooms/fungi. Thanks for sharing this absolutely wonderful news with us, as well as your Ice, for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole. And I hope to join you for FFO this week, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

BTW, it is NEGATIVE 4 right now with wind chill -16! You are downright balmy.

Riella said...

I wish you a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

I wish you a speedy recovery

roentare said...

Heal to the full health! This year got to be better than last.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sleeping together will be great. Make sure he doesn’t kick your foot in the night!

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, glad your foot is on the mend and I hope it wasn't too painful 😊. Stay warm and cosy, and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So glad your foot is making such good progess! What a long and difficult time it has been for you.

Jeanie said...

Three cheers, Nicole! I think it's easy for us to look at what isn't done and sometimes forget how much IS. I'd say you got the a-ok voice of approval from your doc and to that I say well done. Now the final healing -- the PT and all that -- begins. And look what you've done already. You've got this.

Divers and Sundry said...

Healed. That's good to hear :) I'm glad you got the go ahead to ditch the boot, to use the stairs... encouraging news :)

Happy T Tuesday!

EricaSta said...

Best wishes... and good healing of course. I think on you!

Rita said...

OMGosh!! You are free to tackle the stairs again--whoohoo!!
So happy for you. Being able to cuddle again should help in this cold-cold weather, too. ;)

Debra said...

So glad for you! Hoping for all the best for you !!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Most of our snow disappeared by afternoon- I don't like the sound of your town being cut off - I hope getting food won't be a problem. We always worry about electricity being cut as it is our only means of heat and cooking. So pleased to know that your foot is healing so well! Happy T Day, hugs,Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

Great news about your ankle. Our roads are treacherous tonight. We had snow which turned to rain and turned the snow to slush. Temps are dropping so anything wet is freezing. Our police department and others from towns across the Commonwealth are asking everyone to stay off the roads if they can. Is it July, yet? Sparkling Ice is delicious and I love the jewel colors. Happy T Day

J. S. Vila said...

I Hope the food Will recover easily and in a short time the skin. Remember toneat fruits that ever is good for the best health. My best wishes for you. Greetings from Mallorca. Have a great january.

Giorgio said...

Hello, Nicole! I hope you get good news again about your ankle as soon as you will see the doctor next month.
Beautiful mushrooms in your backyard! On the weather front, this week we (Italians) have got snow in North Italy and rain in South Italy.
I have just read that there is an important wine in Oregon, which has just been awarded among the top ten wines in the world. "Ponzi 2021 Pinot Gris", that's its name.
Enjoy the rest of this week ❄

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow your foot looks so much better, well done on the herbal healing. I love mushrooms - do you pick these, I mean are they edible? I think the price of some food items are way out of proportion, that chicken seems so cheap compared to the eggs or compared to a starbucks coffee. As for our weather, it's freezing! Woke up to -5C this morning - google tells me that's 23F. But it is very calm outside. Tomorrow I get my firewood delivered for the stove and not looking forward to moving all that wood in this cold but I guess I won't be cold for long lol. Have a great day. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Halle said...

I hope you continue on your recovery quickly.

Lisca said...

It's good to see you foot is healing. Even better to hear you can sleep with your hubby again. That will be an important healing factor!
Your weather sounds awful! I'm so glad I live in a warmer climate although I keep saying it's cold, it's nothing compared to you. Today I even sat outside in the sun. But it rarely goes below freezing here.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Lisca