Monday, January 22, 2024

T Stands for A Good Day

 Hi Everyone!

Reporting a good day. Wow! You haven't heard that from me in awhile. LOL

I want to show you the final healing of the wound on my ankle. The skin is completly healed over. I will keep some medical honey on it for a few days to strengthen the skin. The compression bandage makes the dots and impression on my skin. I have been walking 30 minutes a day in my house forward and backward and lots of PT movement of my ankle. 
Thanks to Elle, :) I have started some yarn work. I wanted to knit but I forgot that long ago I sent all of my knitting needles to my daughter. So I pulled out a long crochet hook and started some Tunisian crochet. It looks somewhat like knitting. A mock knit side and a mock pearl side.

 


 


 


 



Next do you remember before foot surgery I started some homemade 
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Here it is all ready to jar up.
 The first jar with a nice Mother or Scoby on top.


 Remove the Mother and pour everything into a strainer. I squeeze as much ACV out of the mash as I can.


 Some of my photos came out blurry but I gleaned a nice big bowl of ACV and it tastes so darn good. Fill clean jars and bottles and cap them tight.


 I need to get more pretty jars but for now this will do. I am very happy with this batch.


 There are a few things to do with the mother, one is making Kambucha. However, I don't want to get into that until I am better on my feet. If you have chickens, they love to eat the mother. My Son would feed it to his chickens and they would actually fight over it.

Can Chickens Eat Kombucha Scoby - GreeLand

 For all of this mash it's going into the garden. This is great if you need to acid up your soil. Mine went into the compost. 
 


 
Of course my drink for today is ACV tea with honey. Always add water to ACV to make tea.

 I'm linking up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for the T-Party. See you there.
Nicole

 

28 comments:

Tom said...

...keep the good days coming!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May every day from now on be a good day for you, Nicole! You deserve it!

Sharon Madson said...

I didn't realize you had surgery as I haven't been around since August. But it sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations on doing so well. Happy T Day.

Boud said...

I love to do Tunisian crochet. Good thing you know how, since the knitting needles are away!
Here's to many more good days!

Christine said...

Lovely drink and so happy your food is all healed up.

Mae Travels said...

Finally being able to walk and stand in the kitchen must be a fantastic relief after all the bad times. I wish you the best total and lasting recovery.
Best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah for healing and walking again. I bet you are so excited. And it is really interesting to see your crochet. I always find it weird to crochet and use one needle, probably because I knit so much more. But this Tunisian crochet is new to me and it does look so much like knitting. Nice job Nicole. I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Congrats on your lovely healing!
Years ago I was making kombucha tea for a long time. Now I am picturing chickens fighting over the mother--lol!
Have a super week!! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Big , BIG yippeeeee on the healing and walking-progress!
Your "knitting" looks great, too and would I love to try that drink! Have a happy T-Day!

ashok said...

Good to see you healing fast Nicole. I can see you are keeping toured busy. Cheers!

ashok said...

Good to see you healing fast Nicole. I can see that you are keeping yourself busy. cheers!

roentare said...

Glad that it is all healed up!

Kokopelli said...

YAY! So happy for you, my friend! And that's some good looking Tunisian crochet. And yum for the apple vinegar. Need to check my scobies and make some myself.

Gene Black said...

I am so glad to see that nicely healed skin. I have made kombucha, but I don’t anymore.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great news on the foot front. It’s much easier to pour wine!

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to see that you foot is all healed - yay ☺️. Your crochet looks amazing and as you say just like knitting. Loving your apple cider vinegar and your son's chickens - perfect ❤️. Take care and Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

carol l mckenna said...

So good to hear you had a good day and apple cider vinegar is so good for you ~
Lovely 'crocheting' that looks like knitting ~ I too recently starting knitting again ~ soothes my soul ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Nicole, great to see your foot! Andx you have been busy again, now enjoy the fruits of your labours! Have fun with the Tunesian crochet, what will it be? Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

SO glad your ankle is healing. A perfect day.

I was impressed by your ACV. I have no idea what Mother is, but I see the chickens like it. And waste not want not on the apple mash.

I think your crochet looks very similar to knitting.

Then to top off all those pretty jars of ACV, you shared an ACV and honey drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole. Thanks for taking us through the process, too.

.

CAAC said...

Nicole,

Your ankle looks amazing! I'm so relieved to learn of your continued improvement. You've done a remarkable job to get yourself to this point. The doctors can learn much from your homeopathic treatment. ACV is supposed to be very beneficial for you. I tried drinking it years ago, mainly to help boost my metabolism. I can't remember what I thought of it's performance in doing that but I do recall not liking the taste. lol

Carola Bartz said...

I'm so glad you're having a good day, Nicole, and that the foot is healing so well. It looks you are on your way to hopefully complete recovery. It must be wonderful to be able to walk again and move around. I continue to send good vibes up the coast for further healing.

Lisca said...

Hurray for a good day! And your foot looks great. As you say, the wound has healed beautifully.
Your cider drink looks interesting. It's fermented by the looks of it. And what a shame you feed the scoby to the chickens. I love kombucha and I used to make it but my scoby died and I don't know how to get another one. They are not for sale in this country. My previous one came from the UK but now after Brexit it is very difficult and expensive (taxes) to buy anything there. I'm going to the Netherlands in June. I might have a look there and bring one home with me.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

jinxxxygirl said...

All very good information Nicole.. So glad you are healing nicely... Great job on keeping up the PT.. Happy T day Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on your healing. You've done well through all this. I know you're glad it's over.

Happy T Tuesday!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Good healing
I like the texture of that knitting pattern.

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom dia e boa quinta-feira minha querida amiga Nicole. Estimo as suas melhoras de saúde.

Jeanie said...

I just am so glad to get your good news! Well done! And your knitting stitches are lovely. I especially like the bumpy one (fourth photo). Very nice!

Lowcarb team member said...

So good to see your foot healed, I'm doing a happy dance for you :)

All the best Jan