Saturday, May 6, 2023

Bad News Good New.

 Hi Everyone!

As most of you know I haven't been around much due to health issues. I really hate 2023. It has been one health disaster after another since Jan. 1. On top of that Oregon, like other states, is in a health crisis as well. No, MDs, no RNs no techs and now the 2 major hospitals in Eugene, OR. are now closing beds, and departments. The midwifery department, pediatric cardiology, palliative care, and traveling RNs are no longer. The Hospitals are down 300 nurses. They hired 52 RNs but still need 188 more. The smaller towns, like mine are also closing departments and if the profits aren't better by 2024 the medical here will be shut down all together. It goes much deeper than this of course. Covid money stops May 11. and investments in the stock market have been lost. You know it's all about the buck. But let's not forget the big wigs 42% raises they gave themselves. 
So, that's the bad news.
The good news is that late last night I got a message from my PC and I now have an appt, May 9 for a CT scan. I guess it took some talking to get it. After that I can see exactly what is on my thyroid. 
This is the CT scanner here in Florence.
New CT Scanner Highlights PeaceHealth United General Diagnostic Upgrades -  SkagitTalk
For those that have been asking. 
PC primary care, NP nurse practitioner. In OR it is 3 years of college and 1 year or hospital rotation for the NP license. Not supervised under an MD. (My PC is an NP)
PA physician's assistant has a doctor supervising them and go to school for  approximately 27 months 
(3 academic years) There are more NPs and PAs caring for people where I live than there are MDs.
 
So, that's my news for Saturday May 6.
 
Wishing everyone a very nice weekend. 
Nicole 

28 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that this is the beginning better days for you. Our grandson is an Army medic, once he's out his medical future looks bright.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Only 3 days until your MRI -- that IS good news!

Rita said...

I hope you can get some information now and good news!

Valerie-Jael said...

Thank God you got that appointment. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

fingers crossed.

Gene Black said...

I am so glad that the CT is scheduled. I hope it gives you some definitive answers and a good plan of action/treatment.
(having worked with medical people and having a few in the family, all of those abbreviations are in my vocabulary. But I didn't know the educational requirements for NP or PA.)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Giorgio said...

I hope you will get good information next week, Nicole!

kathyinozarks said...

hoping the test will give you answers-finally hugs thinking of you

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad to read this! I trust the results will be encouraging.

Lowcarb team member said...

Not long to wait for your CT scan ... that is good news.

All the best Jan

roentare said...

Take care and wish all the best to you.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Medical people is leaving Idaho, and I don't blame them.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

And politicians claim with a straight face that the United States has the world's best medical system?

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole, I believe the health crisis is a global problem. Here in Austria it was pretty good for decades, we have state health care, so being ill is affordable. But here, too, more and more hospitals and medical practices are being privatized and this is about profits, which was not the case in the past. And medical staff (apart from senior doctors) are underpaid. Unfortunately, Covid hasn’t improved anything either. The nurses have been applauded, but their job is still difficult and poorly paid.
I wish you all the best and keep my fingers crossed!
🌸❤️🌸
Warm May greetings!
Traude 😘

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is fabulous news, Nicole. And thanks for explaining what all these initials meant to those of us who are not in, or part of, the medical community.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Hooray, for getting an appointment!

Mae Travels said...

Good luck with a successful diagnosis, and hopefully an optimistic prognosis. Your stress level must be stratospheric!
BEST, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gillena Cox said...

Good that you got an appointment.
Wishing for better days in your hospital situation.

Have a happy Sunday. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

Much💖love

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you have an appt for a CT scan ~ sending lots of distant healing reiki energy to you ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

craftytrog said...

Sorry to hear you've had a tough year with medical issues. It's been like that for me, although things are hopefully settling down now. I'm still waiting for full results of a bone marrow biopsy though. I hope all goes well with your scan Nicole, and you can quickly get the treatment needed.
Our hospitals in the UK are in a bad way too, shortages of staff, not enough money etc.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my collage art.
Alison x

ashok said...

Good luck with your appointment. Waiting to hear good news

My name is Erika. said...

I'm catch up mode but I am glad to read that you finally got an appointment Nicole. I know I had to wait 5 month to get an eye doctors appointment, and even then I had to argue for that, but I don't know if things are quite so bad here in NH. Take care and good luck with your appointment today.

Granny Annie said...

My children's medical appointments have turned into video conferences. It started in COVID and has continued.

NatureFootstep said...

it is strange that countries seem to think that people can heal themselves. No doctors and hospitals seem to be needed. The same things are happening in Sween as well. Even if, so far, yours seem worse. :( Still, I hope, you can get better.

Iris Flavia said...


Gosh, it´s even worse than here with your medical system :-(
Sorry I am late.

My BIL has such a machine, he is a radiologist and saved Ingo´s life - not that this helps you, but I wish you all the best!!!

Jeanie said...

I'm SO glad you have an appointment and I hope it yields productive results. Yes, we're having a bit of a health crisis here too -- but I think yours sounds more critical and intense.

Mia said...

It is exactly the same situation in Greece too. We same the same CT scanner too. Glad you have an appointment. Hope you will have great results.

baili said...

such a sad news about shutting down medical services in your area omg scary things happening
glad you found way to find out what is wrong
best wishes ahead