Wednesday, February 22, 2023

TADD 2/23/23

 Hi Everyone!

Today is TADD with Rain. I am writing on Wednesday and it's friggen snowing!
We were suppose to get a possible snow rain mix tomorrow butttt..... it has been hailing and snowing here all day. Now, I know this is nothing compared to the rest of the country, However, I live at the beach. 75ft is my elevation.
OK, here is today with the hail.


 This hail dropped in 30 to 45 seconds.

 


True snow flakes started about an hour ago. Oh that would be at 5PM
This is when it first began.
 

Again I know many of you are getting or are going to get slammed with snow and other nasty weather. Please be safe.
I don't have any art to show for TADD but I do have food.

This is a ground beef noodle casserole layered with cheeses. I though I had a photo of this cut but evidently I don't. LOL It was seriously good.
 

 The other night I made pizza. Under the 3 cheese topping is pepperoni. Ohh so good.

 


 I had two big apples that were not as crisp as I like. Soooooo Apple, raisin, almond, spice bread.


 I mean it is loaded with goodness.



I made potato/cauliflower soup with cheese. Along with a slice of the bread from below.


 Sorry the photo is so dark. We really don't eat cheese at every meal. All this cheesy food was made over a months time.

 


 Now for the easiest bread to make of all time. Crusty outside with a chewy inside.


 Recipe is below.




This recipe is so easy and tastes so good that it will be your go to bread.
All you need is;
1 1/2 cup hot water. Just out of the tap.
1 package or 2 1/4t active dry yeast. (do not use instant or quick rise yeast.)
1 1/2t salt and 3 1/4C APF
The instructions say to bake this on a stone but if you don't have one a turned upside down cast iron pan, or 2 cookie sheets put together.  You will also need a cast iron pot or pan to hold water on the bottom rack. 
Mix together water, yeast and salt. Add flour 1/3 at a time until you have a very loose dough. Cover this with a kitchen towel. Do not use plastic wrap. Just a kitchen towel. Set in warm place and allow to raise. It took mine about 45 minutes but you want the dough doubled.
Place the stone on the middle rack and the pan on the bottom rack of the oven. Set the oven to Preheat at 450°F or 233°C Allow the pans to get hot during the preheat cycle.
Put the dough onto a lightly floured counter and shape into a round. Then set it on parchment paper. At this time you can cut and x into the dough. Once the oven is preheated carefully put the dough with the parchment onto the stone. Then add a cup of water to the pan on the bottom rack. Close the oven quickly and bake for about 25 minutes. I had to bake about 7 minutes longer to get a golden brown. Remove the bread from the oven and place on a rack (without the parchment) as far away from the counter as you can. Allow to cool completely before cutting. I actually poke a few holes on the bottom of the bread to allow the moisture to escape. This will keep the bread crusty. Just something I do.
The recipe is for 2 loaves.
Hope you try it!
 One more thing and I'm done. I ordered a grow light for my seedlings. This was very inexpensive. I was doing some research on how to use it properly when I came across this video. It seems I bought a good one.
 
If you have read all of this to the end, I thank you. Have a great day.
 
Nicole

20 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening, we have been spoiled with spring like temperatures and rain all day today.I have been reading that the upper midwest will be getting hammered too with lots of snow and cold.
Stay safe and warm!
Your food all looks delicious! Happy Thursday and weekend
Kathy

Boud said...

Thanks so much for the bread recipe. I bake bread often and I'm always up for a new one.

Weather is nuts all over. Locally we had a tornado, much damage, a couple of miles from here. Not at all like February. We had a thunderstorm and lightning and hail, torrential rain then suddenly sunshine and a rainbow, while a couple of miles away trees were being torn down bring power lines with them, roofs lifted, cars trapped under fallen trees and live power lines. Bad times.

roentare said...

Looks like snow rain. Great baking too!

Rita said...

We're on the edge of the storm so only 2-4 inches tonight it says--but blizzard winds and -21 degrees tomorrow night. A lot of people have it much worse.
Your food always looks just delicious. You are quite the breadmaker. That takes a special talent.
I hope your seedlings grown well and strong. :)

Tom said...

...thanks for the yummy post, I'll have to go and have breakfast now.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Snow is heading our way, but that's not so bad. It's the freezing rain that's coming with it that's the problem. I'll be sure to make sure the backyard birds have food.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I do eat cheese at almost every meal.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your apple, raisin, almond, spice bread looks so yummy!

My name is Erika. said...

It's snowing here too. I saw on the news that there's snow all over the place right now. I hope yours has stopped by today. And your food looks so yummy. I still want to eat at your house one day- smile. And I love the idea of a grow light. That might be what I need for some seedlings. Thanks for sharing that info. Have a great Thursday-hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Well it was snow, 2 to 3 inches.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Snow here, about half a foot of powder.

Valerie-Jael said...

Here it's just wet, sorry you are freezing over there! Your food ooks very good, especiall that bread. I will try it when I am back home. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Yummy food, thanks for the bread recipe. Have to go shovel soon.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

The snow in your yard looks pretty. 2" is plenty to enjoy wintry weather. I'm not a huge fan of the cold so I'm happy to see only flurries at our house. Thankfully, we don't get too much accumulation in our neck of the woods. The Smoky's is a different story. Anywho, I loved looking at all of your foodie pix. It is really a bad time to be looking at recipes and food since I'm only a liquid diet (Colonoscopy prep) today. I'll survive. I'm going to save your recipe for the crusty bread because DH LOVES bread! Is this sort of like french bread. I've only had store bought. Oddly, I can't seem to find french bread to order for home delivery. So, it looks like I need to learn how to make my own. :) I bet your bread recipe would be good with broccoli cheddar soup. :p I am glad you shared the video on the grow light. Our daughter who lives in Maine loves to garden. She had a lovely one last year and had a good harvest. I'm not sure if she has anything like this but I was sort of thinking about getting her grow station for her bday. Thanks for dropping by today. Have a doodletastic afternoon!

Gillena Cox said...

Your baking skill is amazing.
Happy Thursday Nicole.

Much💜love

carol l mckenna said...

Yummy looking food ~ Great snow photos ~ we got snow/rain in MA today ~ sigh.

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You got hammered. First sleet, then snow. I hope it doesn't last too long.

I could eat cheese every day. I am really hungry for anything with cheese right now. I don't bake, but thanks for the recipe.

Seems I can't leave a comment because I am getting a "Failed to Comment" error.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh a hail storm ... that can be scary as it pounds on your roof and windows. I don't feel sorry for you when I look at the snow, but the hail, that's another story. So on to the food ... delicious! That says it all! If only I was there to partake :) I liked your video on the grow lights. My Dil uses a grow light to start her seedlings and it works. Of course everything she grows works so I can't be sure it is the grow lights that make it happen, but I am guessing they add to the wonderful results. You seem to be doing well ... glad for that, Nicole. Stay healthy ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! We've been getting record highs near 80.

baili said...

I enjoyed little peak in your yard getting snow dear Nicole :)

Oh your bread pizza and casserole look delicious!!
I hope and pray that you are doing perfectly fine my friend!