Monday, October 3, 2022

T STands for Coffee and Peach Cake

 Hi Everyone!

Today is T stands for peach cake and the party over at Bleudbear and Elizabeth's.

My weekend went by so fast. It just seemed we were so busy but I am not sure with what. I did spend Sunday deep cleaning my house. As most of you know I am quite the clean freak. I did an extra cleaning on floors. Ya know on my hands and knees cleaning. 

I also have been working on a clay piece that I will show this Friday Face OFF. Hope you come by to see it.

For now, I made a peach cake. My neighbor gave me a bag of fresh frozen peaches from her tree. OMG sooo good. I wanted to make a smoothy with them but then Mr. M. would not be able to enjoy them. So peach cake.
I had the peaches laid out evenly but as the cake baked they moved.
Along with cake I did have coffee. I am really liking the instant.
This is a very easy recipe and I am sure any kind of fruit will work.
Recipe at the end

I also made some of the best spaghetti sauce. I used some sauce that I canned. I will say it was a bit acid-y. That is an easy fix. Just add a very tiny but of baking soda and you have the perfect sauce. This has 3 meats, just like my grandmother made.
Ohhh so good.
Peach Cake Recipe
You will need
3/4C white sugar, 1/2C soft butter, 2 eggs, 1C flour, 1t baking powder, 1/4t salt, 4 peaches peeled, pitted and sliced. Additional 2T white sugar and 1t cinnamon mixed and sprinkled on top of cake.
In medium bowl mix dry ingredients for cake and set aside. In another bowl combine sugar, and butter. Mix until creamy. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat well after each egg. Add dry ingredients a little at a time until all is mixed. Transfer batter into a small cake pan. This is not much batter. Top with peaches then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes.  allow to cool before cutting a piece to eat. 
I hope you give this a try.
Have a great Tuesday

Nicole

27 comments:

Tom said...

...I love peaches, period!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your peach cake sounds wonderful and looks pretty, even if the peaches had a mind of their own. Thanks for the recipe, too. Although I would need the real thing, your pie would go great with coffee. I like the tip on acidy food. Great to know. Thanks fr sharing your peach cake, your recipe, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

There is a good chance I will not be at FFO this week.

Christine said...

Yummy peach cake and sauce. Interesting adding baking soda to counteract
The acidity

Iris Flavia said...

May I join your club? On hands and knees I cleaned on Monday (public holiday).
Your spaghetti sauce looks yummy!!!!
Happy T-Day!

jinxxxygirl said...

My husband is a peach freak! He would love this.. I'm not much of a fruity person unless its just the plain fruit.. not in a cake or anything.. Not a clean freak here i just keep the dust bunnies under control... lol Take care! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

David M. Gascoigne, said...

If there's a peach involved count me in! Best of all I like to eat them fresh, but if peach pie is inflicted on me I can suffer with the best!

Mae Travels said...

I love that kind of peach cake! I always bake the cake part for 10 mins to firm up a little, then put the peaches on top and they stay where I put them, don't sink or slip around.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

I can no longer eat things made with sugar or wheat flour if I want to keep my diabetes under control without medicines. But the cake sounds delicious.

I am curious about the instant coffee - what brand are you using?

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, that peach cake looks and sounds fabulous, Nicole. The spagetti sauce sounds and looks good too. Yummy post. I just ate breakfast but after your post and Mae's, I am ready to call in sick today and cook yummy things. Happy T-day and hugz

baili said...

i am familiar with cleaning on knees and hands dear Nichole and for me it takes body to feel normal few days at least ,hope you are feeling fine now .the sense of peace that come afterwards after such cleaning is rewarding indeed :)

your neighbored is so sweet no doubt ,loved this peach cake absolutely must be super delicious

sauce looks great too .
hugs and blessings

My name is Erika. said...

Yummy peaches! I made some homemade spag. sauce last week too. I need someone to come and dust for me. I hate dusting.. But otherwise I like a clean house too. I hope you have a great T day Nicole. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

A peach cake sounds good, although peaches here were lackluster this year. I'll have to hold onto this recipe!

Giorgio said...

I've heard of apple cake or almond cake, but not of peach cake, Nicole! I will give it a try. Enjoy having it with coffee, Nicole :-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"The peaches moved" -- the darn things! The cake looks dee-lish!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I am looking forward to getting home and cooking!

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Nicole, the peach cake looks delicious and just the thing to have with a cup of coffee. Peaches are often expensive over here so I don't tend to cook with them much. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Peaches! I love them but have never had peach cake. Your meat sauce looks tasty. Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Your peach cake looks so yummy, that was so kind of your neighbour and you really put them to good use - I'd love a piece with my cuppa today pretty pleasssse 😊. And yet more delicious, that spaghetti looks great too and I love using family recipes too. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Carola Bartz said...

Oh definitely! I will try this peach cake recipe. It sounds delicious and seems to be very easy. I love easy since I'm not big on baking.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Peach cake sounds so good - I wonder if it would work with apples as I have been given some. We hardly ever have spaghetti- your sauce sounds great. Happy T Day, Chrisx

Kate Yetter said...

I like things clean but I always seem to find things more important to do than deep clean.
Your cake looks delicious. I LOVE peach cake. I have never attempted to make spaghetti sauce, but I should some year.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Nicole, everything looks really delicious! I have been thinking about making cake too this week. perhaps an upside down cake or maybe cupcakes.
hugs from the lake

Lisabella Russo said...

The peach cake looks incredible, cooking is an art when you do it Nicole..

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Peach cake sounds delicious, and with coffee it is perfect!!

-Soma

Jennifer Rose said...

that cake looks really good!

Granny Annie said...

I don't believe I have had peach cake before but I want to now. Yours looks delicious. Also, what three meats are in the spaghetti?

Lowcarb team member said...

Yummy Peach cake :)

All the best Jan