Sunday, August 21, 2022

Movie Monday

 Happy Monday To You!

Today I am going to share a few related series for Movie Monday. I enjoy period pieces, especially the kings and queens of England. There is always a bit of true history in these movies or series but the drama that Hollywood embellishes with is quite entertaining.  Through Prime I got a deal on Starz for .99 for a few months. I watched the Spanish Princes then found the White Princes and the White Queen. Well after just a few minutes of research I found that the order to watch these is the White Queen, White Princes and then the Spanish Princes. So that's what I am doing. My daughter is watching the 3 series too. 

The plot for the White Queen is A portrayal of one of the most dramatic and turbulent times in English history. A story of love and lust, seduction and deception, betrayal and murder, it is uniquely told through the perspective of three different, yet equally relentless women - Elizabeth Woodville Margaret Beaufort and Anne Neville.


The White Princess. 
This is the story of Elizabeth of York who is forced to marry Henry VII as part of the peace settlement to bring about the end of the Cousins' War. To her horror she finds her throne is threatened by a young man who is claiming to be her brother Richard, missing from the Tower of London.

And the Spanish Princess
 Teen aged princess Catherine of Aragon, daughter of Spanish rulers Isabella and Ferdinand, finally travels to England, to meet her husband by proxy, Arthur, Prince of Wales, heir apparent of Henry VII of England, to whom she has been betrothed since she was a child. Since I watched this one already I will tell you it is excellent.
The princes of Aragon also had a part in The Game of Thrones, Charlotte Hope


If you like this era you will enjoy these 3 series.
 
Have a great day.
 
Nicole

11 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds good.

Tom said...

...I hope that you will have a wonderful week.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like fun! I watched 2 nice murder and mayhem films, which I enjoyed! Have a great week, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I really like movies about kings, queens and other royals. This looks like a great series, but I haven't seen any of them. I need to see if I can find them because I don't have Stars. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

I like period-piece based TV series, too. We've seen several over the years. These three look very intriguing and very much what we'd probably enjoy. We don't have the Starz channel, but should we sign up for it then I will have to remember to place these on our watch list. Thanks for sharing! Trust me when I say, you don't have to worry with responding to this message. I know how difficult it is to stay on top of things in Blogosphere. Your health is the most important thing, dear friend. Have a boogietastic week!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds good!

Divers and Sundry said...

I tend to avoid movies based on true events, though in my efforts to broaden my horizons... ;)

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de segunda-feira minha querida amiga Nicole. Obrigado pela dica maravilhosa.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de segunda-feira minha querida amiga Nicole.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wonder if Chris would like to see this, since she seems to feel a real attachment to Catherine of Aragon. I know it ended the War of the Roses.

Mae Travels said...

Shakespeare covered some of those events and characters too, though he had some propaganda obligations to the ruling royals of his day, so he patched up some of the more dubious areas. That sounds interesting to watch.

best.... mae at maefood.blogspot.com