Thursday, July 7, 2022

TAD with Rain

 Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all of the very nice emails to me for getting better. I have been in bed since last Friday night. Except for going to the doctor and having more tests done. So, life is just so much fun right now. ha ha ha.

I wanted to let everyone know that I will post a Friday Face Off tomorrow. So please join in.

For Rain's TAD theme it's playing hooky. Well I don't think you want to see me in my PJ's watching TV and sleeping while I go through this health thing. This is about as much hooky as I can take. LOL. So I will show you a few rings I made many years ago. I made the ring base out of sheet metal. I used my grinder to smooth and shape. Then I covered it with leather. I beaded handmade dicro glass, then added the crown to the base of the ring. I have sold hundreds of these rings over the years.

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 This is my favorite


 Never sold it and still wear it.



Mr. M. got spice cake a few weeks ago.

 
 
 That's it for now. I need to go back to bed. I will see everyone tomorrow for 
Friday Face Off.
 
 
Nicole

16 comments:

Gene Black said...

I will post an older face for the Face Off - as I have played hooky this week. My cousins from PA have been here in Alabama so I have spent a lot of time visiting them.
Now I have to choose a face to show....hmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rings, Nicole. Of course the eyeball ring catches my eye. It wins as most ghoiulish! Feel better, girl!

kathyinozarks said...

Wow I have never seen rings made this way before-beautiful Nicole-hoping you feel better soon hugs

Tom said...

...thank care of yourself.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that eyeball ring freaks me right out, LOL!

Iris Flavia said...

Great you are better! And wow to those rings! They´re all beautiful, but the eye certainly is my fav!

Carola Bartz said...

These are impressive rings, Nicole, and I can see why you kept the eyeball-ring. I really hope you feel better soon!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Fascinating! It was great reading about how you make them. I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Wishing you speedy recovery.

-Soma

Christine said...

Beautiful Nicole!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice big fancy rings 😀
hope you are starting to feel better

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you feel better asap Nicole. Not feeling well is definitely a way to play hooky, but definitely not a good one. Take care. And I like your rings too. hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

Beautiful rings, Nicole. I hope you recover soon and can enjoy the summer and your lovely garden again.
Wising all the best, be well soon xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was worried about you. Sorry to read you are not well and have been ill. I hope you are better soon.

Your rings are absolutely stunning, Nicole. I can see why they would sell so well. Your beadwork still impresses me.

Divers and Sundry said...

Gorgeous rings! I wish I'd known you back when I wore rings, coz those are the kind of thing I like :)

NatureFootstep said...

I love those rings. I made me remeber I do have two beaded rings. I bought them many years ago when I realiced I was getting allergic to metal rings. Nowadays I don´t use rings. But maybe I whould start using them again. :) The yellow and blue one are my favorites. :)

Rain said...

I would love to see you playing hooky in your pj's and watching horror movies! ☺☺ Your rings are gorgeous! I love the eyeball ring, that is just perfect!