Saturday, October 16, 2021

Garden Saturday and more

Happy Saturday Everyone! 
 
 Yesterday I couldn't sleep so I was up at 2:30AM. I tried to take a nap around noon but couldn't get to sleep. Got up accomplished a lot and finally went to bed around 9:30PM. So what time did I get up today? 5:00AM. That's pretty normal for me. I am fully charged with energy. I have already gone grocery shopping. Well that was good n bad. The good is I found small mouth canning lids, the bad part is the shelves are not full. I did find TP and PT. last week those shelves were completely empty today there was a total of 6 PT and 4 TP. I got 2 of each. No lunch meats, or other items throughout the store. I drove over to Safeway to check on meat. Holy mother of god!!!!! I simply can't afford meat. Will have to wait for some magical sale. LOL
So what about my garden?
Some flowers just keep blooming and I love that. 


 

 


 


 


 


 


Today I am canning pinto beans. They have been soaking over night. I will par cook them for 30 minutes then can them for 90 minutes.
ANDDDD...
Here is my latest creature.

Tell me what you are doing today.
What ever it is have a great time.

If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you,
 YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. 
Get Vaccinated and Wear a MASK! 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I still have an 8 quart basket of grapes to can and then on to apple sauce.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I feel like something's WATCHING me!

Christine said...

Loving your fall blooms! Fun creature!

Rita said...

Drinking a ton of water and grateful I can keep it down. :)
Lovely flowers.

My name is Erika. said...

I thought we should have gotten past the empty shelves after the start of the pandemic. It is crazy, isn't it? Loving your flowers. They are still looking great. And nice drawing too. Hope you stay on your normal sleep schedule.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so dense at times, Nicole. I know what TP is, but for the life of me, can't figure out what PT is. Maybe you could explain, since I haven't a clue.

I am glad I'm a vegetarian because I couldn't afford meat before. I KNOW I couldn't afford it now! Even cheese and eggs have gotten out of sight. Glad you have your garden to fall back on.

That latest drawing is a bit scary! Luckily the flowers are so pretty I won't get nightmares from your drawing (grin).

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your eye face, really deliciously creepy. Sorry you still have empty shelves, here it's still more or less normal. I just slept for nearly 12 hours again, I need time to really wake up! Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We are not vegetarian, and at our stage in life probably never will be, but we have vegetarian meals frequently and consume far less meat than we did previously. When I see the prices these days that's probably a good thing!

Divers and Sundry said...

We have empty shelves here, too. It's disappointing. You'd think they could've work out these supply problems by now as long as it's been going on :( Your flowers are gorgeous!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

beautiful flowers

OLga said...

Complimenti per il tuo bellissimo giardino.Come mai non c'è merce nei negozi?Dove abiti.Buona settimana.OLGA

Lowcarb team member said...

The flowers are lovely, so colourful.

All the best Jan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm with you on the wakeful nights as i'm an early riser when i'm awake I need to get up and prepare for the busy day ahead think i'm just a morning person. Lovely to see the flowers still blooming, mine are pretty much the same and have had a weekend of rain to quench their thirst, my cosmos are as pink as yours.
We have some shelves with low stocks, it's a distribution issue getting things to the stores for us, I just hope there is nothing fresh going to waste while it waits to get here. Really enjoyed your post Nicole, the little alien was an added treat..
Now bedtime for me, care duties, Co-vid Boosters and hospital appointments will keep me busy this week Take good care now Hugs Tracey xx

carol l mckenna said...

Gorgeous macro floral shots and fun sketch ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Arun Goyal said...

Beautiful floral post, I love your cosmos blooms and paper flowers. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.