Thursday, September 2, 2021

TAD Expresionism

Hi Everyone!
 
This week has slipped by me. 
Can you believe it is already Sept.?
Today is TAD with Rain and her theme is Expressionism. There are a few ways to go with this and I, of course, went with abstract expressionism
What Is Abstract Expressionism? 
Abstract Expressionism is an artistic movement of the mid-20th century comprising diverse styles and techniques and emphasizing especially an artist’s liberty to convey attitudes and emotions through nontraditional and usually nonrepresentational means.

As per MOMA  – Abstract Expressionism is a term applied to a movement in American painting that flourished in New York City after World War II, sometimes referred to as the New York School or, more narrowly, as action painting.

 
And then there are these guys.
 


That's it for today. I hope you all stop by Rain's blog and her YT channels

If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you, 
YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. Wear a MASK! 
 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love all your art pieces on this week's art topic!

Christine said...

Love your abstract impressionism!

Barbara said...

I’m seeing your first painting as especially timely. My mind interprets the round center as our planet with all the awful things bombarding it these days being represented by the paint blobs on the left side. Not a happy painting for me, but a very good one.

Tom said...

...I like your second sculpture, it looks like a girl that I once dated.

Barbara said...

“These guys” are whimsically delightful! Then the last one evokes another fearful feeling. You are very good at painting n Nicole. How is Eva doing? I’ve been wondering.

Gillena Cox said...






























Great Thursday art


Great Thursday art Nicole

much❤love

Rita said...

These are all unique and very expressive. My favorite form is the painting like your second one. Really bold and wild. :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

I knew you'd pull this one off with flying colors and I was right. The last one really says expressionism with such a sad face drawn. 👍 By the way, how's your granddaughter doing? Have a doodletastic day.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I can feel the freedom of expression within todays pieces Nicole, the swoop of the circle really appeals greatly to me and I love your pottery people. Great work!!
Happy creative TAD Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've been to MOMA and you have given us some good examples of their interpretation. this is truly a great number of wonderful expressionist type art. You have chosen wisely, dear.

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing your artwork

baili said...

such an impressive art dear Nichole !

you have way with your free expressionism i must say .
each peace speaks for your skills and great ability to express your mind which is inspiring !

i loved the first piece MOOOOOOST!!!!!!
it is captivating and irresistibly compelling ! hats off to you for this one specially i will name it
"the origin of life "

Azka Kamil said...

Love all your art pieces on this week's art topic!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your Expressionist art and especially the first one ... you made it look three dimensional and I can almost see the movement into the swirling sort of black hole :) Your sculptures are fun as well ... one way to stick your tongue out at someone without being blamed for it, Ha! Love your art and your humor ... Stay well and I so agree with your last statement.

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

Love all your faces but my favorite this week is the first one :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoy non-representational art, and your pieces are impressive.

Rain said...

I love your faces Nicole, the sculptures are so neat. And that first painting is really truly awesome...so much depth, very cool!!! ♥