Saturday, July 31, 2021

Garden Saturday

Happy Saturday To you all!

Today is Garden Saturday. It's also the last Saturday of the month. I am shocked at how fast this month flew by. 
My garden had some hits and misses like any garden, but I am happy with the harvest this year. The Greenhouse has proven to be a huge benefit. 
It would be nice to have a larger one. 
So what's in the greenhouse right now?
First I have to show you, the amazing Mexican squash. I started it from seed, well everything is started from seed.
 
This squash plant is gigantic and has blossoms and squash growing.

 
My hand over just one leaf. 
 The same type of squash growing outside didn't get near this big.


 A little obscured, but see the greenery off to the left? That is a tomato plant that somehow got in the flower pot.


 

 When I first noticed it my thought was, "This little guy is not going to make it". The wind beats these flowers and side of GH. Plus it is very difficult to grow tomatoes here because of the elements. Well, this plant really wanted to grow.


There are 4 tomatoes on the plant. Last year with all the protections, love and care I couldn't get my big tomatoes to grow. It is crazy, this thing called gardening.


 Spinach is growing. I made room in the GH for it.    


 I'm excited about all the peppers growing. Again last year they didn't make it.


Even this little pepper has a bloom YAY!!

 The Sunflowers have lots of blossoms now and prettier than the first one.


 This one is almost hitting the roof line with flowers at the very top.     


 
Shot from this AM. Still gloomy out. I didn't know these were going to get so tall.


So red and pretty.


 I really love these. Anyone know what they are?


 

 

And last but not least is this weeks harvest. 
There is about 3 lbs of string beans, cabbage, 3 types of squash, 2 types of cucumbers, 
and a pepper that went on our pizza last night. 
I'm happy.

Wishing all of  you a wonderful day and if you are gardening, let me know how it's going in the comments.

 

If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you, YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. Wear a MASK! 
 
 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

21 comments:

Giorgio said...

What a great week's harvest! I would like to taste your cucumbers. Local products are always more deliciuos than veggies and friuts that have been shipped from other continents. I can understand how some Italian people buy California walnuts, New Zealand Apples and Spanish garlic.

Have a nice weekend, Nicole ☀️

Divers and Sundry said...

Your squash leaves are _huge_! You seem to have quite the green thumb. I think that is blanket flower.

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done on the gardening, your produce looks fantastic. Enjoy the fruits of your labours! Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Great garden! Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Barbara said...

Wonderful growing season! You are definitely a natural at it!

craftytrog said...

Wonderful garden photos Nicole! I love your red poppy.
Happy weekend.
Alison

Hot guys said...

Agreed, time is passing by SO quickly 🙄

Loving the flowers & the vegetables, btw 💚🧡

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes the days, weeks and months simply fly by!
Your harvest this week looks great.

Happy weekend wishes.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I just picked some yellow squash and tomatoes.

Christine said...

Well I am out there weeding every day. Great excuse to be outside. Your plants look amazing.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your garden looks terrific and the vegetable yield impressive. It is harder and harder to plan a garden these days the way the weather is so unpredictable.

Debra said...

You are doing so well with all you have to battle out there as far as the wind and so on. What a huge harvest you have! My garden is doing really good. My beans are producing non-stop. Have root veggies that are doing good too. I harvested about 15 pounds of potatoes-still have the blue potatoes to harvest yet. My cukes are not doing too good...But I have lots of winter squash getting big. I think there are bushel gourds out there-but they are covering the same ground as the winter squash, so it's hard to see them.

My name is Erika. said...

It all looks good and what a stash of veggies. Mine is soooo slow. I am jealous. Happy August.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that beautiful red poppy -- one of my most favourite flowers!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Parabéns pelo seu trabalho maravilhoso, fotos e colheita bonita.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

lovely flowers and veggies

Jennifer Rose said...

so green 😀 I have seen those flowers, possibly Gaillardias?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This turned out great, Nicole. You have a true green thumb when it comes to gardening in your area. I am SUPER impressed. My ONE of four tomatoes died and my squash is now dead. The peppers are not even showing any white flowers, but you have a bounty of wonderful food to have for the week. It's a vegetarian's delight, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, that´s a great harvest for sure!!! And such beautiful flowers, too.

baili said...

Oh this is DELIGHTFUL harvest dear Nichole :)))

thank you for cheering up my day ,i love garden and home grown veggies ,my mom did it for years .

iwe can't do this here because of extreme temps

Arun Goyal said...

Your harvest is drool worthy. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.