Saturday, July 17, 2021

Garden Saturday

Hello Everyone! 

Today is Saturday and time to take a look at my garden. Like most places the weather has been so strange and out of sorts. Here in Oregon, while inland there is record heat, on the coast it is cooler, windier, and drier. Today we are only going to reach 63°F and the wind will be around 18mph. Who knows what the gusts will be. I am mentioning this to say gardening has been challenging this year and I have lost some plants to the weather. 

If you are gardening what weather changes are you 
dealing with?
Yesterday, I replanted 5 pepper plants. I have more to d but ran out of soil. I will try and buy more today.
 

 Sunflower. It is wicked looking.


 The bees love these.


 The colors are so deep


 


 


 


 Cucks finally growing.


 A new squash plant in GH.


 Peppers YAY!!!


 Replanted peppers between cucks and toms.




 More peppers replanted
.

 This is a straight 8 cucumber.


 Toms on one plant


 Same plant


 I like it when the GH is clean and organized.


 This is Thyme


This is it for today. Wishing all of you a very nice Saturday.

 

No Matter What Your State or Country Says Be Safe Out There And Protect Yourself. Not Everyone Without A Mask Is Vaccinated. 

 Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

24 comments:

Tom said...

...yesterday I picked a bunch of wax beans!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your garden is growing so well!

Rain said...

Hi Nicole! :) Your thyme looks super healthy! Yay for cucumbers and tomatoes!!! I love to see your peppers too! As you know I don't have much of a garden this year. I'm waiting out the garlic a little longer to see if it'll get bigger. I pulled one out and it's not too big right now!

carol l mckenna said...

Healthy looking garden considering the erratic weather you have had ~ don't garden but weather has been crazy here ~ hot one day ~ chilly the next and days of rain, clouds, fog ~ sigh. Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

ashok said...

You have an awesome garden!

Christine said...

Beautiful garden photos! We are getting a nice amount of rain this summer great for the plants

Rajani Rehana said...

Awesome post

Hot guys said...

OMG, Nicole! 🙂 So colorful, so beautiful...

I bet the flowers smell amazin', too! 🧡

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden looks great! Happy Sunday, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

YOu have a wonderful garden.
One flower popped up here (it planted itself) - the others still but green.
But mostly it´s too cold to enjoy the balcony anyways... what a crappy summer we have (again).

RO said...

Wow! That weather sounds so perfect, and yay to your planting skills! Everything looks lovely and colorful! Hugs, RO

Barbara said...

Lovely photos, Nicole! A successful garden! My husband worked hard on a small garden this year. While it’s lush with greenery, it hasn’t produced a big harvest. He thinks it’s a lack of pollination.,

presstfortime said...

Very nice. I'm envious, but not patient enough to try my hand at a garden.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Parabéns pelo seu lindo jardim, tenho acompanhado no Brasil que os Estados Unidos está sofrendo com muito calor.

Giorgio said...

I have heard you have had cloudy weather for days in that part of the U.S.
Your thyme in good shape with its small white flowers. It isn't easy to grow, as it performs especially well in somewhat dry, sunny conditions. Glad to see your peppers replanted.

Have a nice week!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Those cornflowers are so beautiful. I wanted those for my wedding but it was the wrong seasons #GardenAffair

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am having trouble leaving comments. In fact, for nearly two days, even though I kept refreshing, there was no comment box at all. This was especially true for embedded comment boxes like yours. It must have been a Blogger glitch. I realize I've missed some posts, but I hope you understand my dilemma.

You are SO lucky to have these wonderful bounties. My tomato died, and my o\peppers aren't even starting to flower. My dill and basil are doing well, but veggies are not. You are making me envious of your gardening skills, Nicole. Way to go!

My name is Erika. said...

Your plants look great. It's nice to see you haven't had any more terrible wind storms like you had a while back.

Divers and Sundry said...

Your gardening skills are worthy of praise :) You've done well, even though the weather has been strange. I have 2 types of thyme, and neither is blooming.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your garden is growing well, lovely to see your photographs.

All the best Jan

Felicity said...

so beautiful garden!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

These record heat waves are certainly not good for gardens, but yours looks terrific. It has the hallmark of lots of loving care.

Arun Goyal said...

Lovely harvest ! The cucumbers looks tasty. Peppers and tomatoes looks droolworthy. Thanks for sharing.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your garden is amazing Nicole! We have been getting very high heat and lots of rain! Big Hugs!