Monday, April 12, 2021

Movie Monday

Greetings!
 
It's Movie Monday. I have 2 for you today. 
The first is. "Miss Sloan." The cast includes many of my favorites actors. Jessica Chastain, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Alice Pill, John Lithgaw, and Mark Waterson to name just a few.
I don't normally go for political stories, 
I get enough of that in real time. 
However, this movie has the best twists n turns. The ending I actually raised my arms and hollered out loud.
You can watch "Miss Sloan" on Amazon Prime 
 
Willing to bend the rules for her clients, Elizabeth Sloane (Jessica Chastain) remains one of the most sought-after lobbyists in Washington, D.C. When asked to help oppose a bill that imposes regulations on firearms, she instead joins a scrappy boutique firm that represents the backers of the law. Her defiant stance and determination to win now makes her the target of powerful new enemies who threaten her career and the people she cares about.
 
The second movie for today is "stupid comedy."
This is a new movie on Netflix.
"Thunder Force"
with
Melissa McCarthy, Octavia Spencer, and a dream boy 
Jason Bateman. Yeah Yeah, but his smile does it for me. LOL
Included is Vivian Falcone who plays the younger Melissa McCarthy and is in fact Melissa's daughter.
This is the kind of movie I watch when I just need stupid laughs. 
 

 
Have a great Monday everyone.
 
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask!  
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

12 comments:

Hot guys said...

Hi Nicole 🙂 I've watched Thunder Force yesterday, too. 😉 It was good. Kinda childish but still a nicely made action movie. If I can call it that. I love both Melissa McCarthy & Octavia Spencer so, this was a must watch for me. I giggled more than a few times so, they did somethin' right! 👏🏻

Tom said...

...they haven't hit my radar screen!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Thunder Force," with its superhero satire, sounds like my kind of movie! I love both Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer.

Rita said...

Haven't seen either one of these. Will look for them. Thanks. :)

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing.
There is a new movie called 'Tina' out on HBO if I had it. It is a documentary on Tina Turner, what a life.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of either of these movies. I wish I had Netflix. Yes, I'm thinking of giving up cable and getting something like Netflix and BritBox instead. Thanks for sharing these reviews.

Granny Annie said...

Saturday my daughter, two granddaughters and my god-daughter (in LA) met together at my home for our Girls Club to view Thunder Force together. We have been awaiting it and loved it so much. Of course it could have been the company. My god-daughter joined us via face-time and we had her on a tripod so she could see everything.

by EAGHL said...

Oh I did not know the younger Melissa was actually her daughter! I also heard that one of the robbers was her husband.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Parabéns pela excelente matéria de qualidade.

craftytrog said...

I've seen that Jessica Chastaine film, it was great. Netflix just told me about the other film today, might watch it sometime with Hubby.
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I haven't heard of either of these but will look for them. Thanks!

Magic Love Crow said...

These sound good! Big Hugs!