Saturday, December 5, 2020

I'm Here

Hi Everyone!
 
I'm here and I'm well just had a tough couple of days. Thursday I had to go to PT. Believe me I was totally stressed and worried about their protocol for covid. It was all for naught. Everything was more than above board. It doesn't  mean that I will loosen up my own protection though. Sooooo last March I was building a platform for my container garden. In my barn there are 3 house beams. You know those million pound beams that go in the arctic of a house to hold the house together. Yeah those. I drug them out to the yard, about 500 ft. and laid them in place. It felt so easy and not much effort at all. I was also lifting 5 gallon buckets full of soil from the dolly to the platform. Again it didn't feel like I was overdoing it. Hell, I worked construction, lived remote, and was a Vet Tech lifting farm animals, I think a little dragging of beams would be fine. Ohhh yeah ( giggle) I forgot I was much younger when I did all of those other things. Anyway my back has been screaming at me. PT was great and now I am on a program to fix my Sacroiliac that I messed up. 
I feel like I have my juju back. 
This AM. I created a quick draw on PC paper with a number 2 pencil. Who knows why. I had this face in my brain and wanted it on paper. 
 
Remember the commission I did a few months ago? It was this doll.
The lady that ordered this asked if I could make a cabochon using
my drawing. Why not. Today I worked on that as well.
I have it on paper and it fits a 40x30m glass. It seems pretty small to me so I am going to test it on a 40mm round glass. I Also need to work on the contrast for glass but it is coming along and it's a fun project.
The last thing I did today was make homemade graham crackers. 
All I can say is YUK!!! LOL I followed the recipe, but mine was a bit too dry so I added more milk to get the correct consistency. Then it gets wrapped in plastic and set in the fridg for 4 hours.  
Going into the fridge

4 hours later. Have you ever tried to roll out cold dough?
Then you cut them and poke holes with a fork and bake.

First off mine are too thick. This makes them cakey 
I think the wheat flour is too much in this recipe and the taste is 
truly awful. Plus I couldn't get nice even cuts. 
Guess where these are going? 
 
Well my friends I am off to watch a movie and rest my body.
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask
 
Nicole/DVArtist
 Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad your back got fixed up! Yes, why can't be be like we were when we were younger?

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice art and baking, get well soon! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry you really had a bad day. Wish I could send you some of the cookies I don´t eat - they´re yummy but my sweet tooth fell asleep very quick, darn it!

Wonderful art!

Tom said...

...I just finished building raised beds for my vegetable garden and my muscles tell me that I'm not 25 any more.

Barbara said...

I’m not sure where they went, but I think animals would like them!

Christine said...

Beautiful portrait and doll. You are such a good baker. And take it easy, wow.

My name is Erika. said...

Rolling cold dough is the toughest thing. I have done it too many times before I learned to let it warm up just a bit. But too long you get a mess. Sorry to hear about the back but glad it is on the road to recovery. And nice drawings. They are both gorgeous! Happy rest of your weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Maybe I need to find a doctor who will authorize PT for me. I desperately need back repair. There are days I can hardly stand up, much less straight. You got a LOT done, even if the graham crackers were a bust. The drawing and cab are awesome. Stay safe, too, dear. That means not just from the virus, but also from exerting pressure on your back, too.

Divers and Sundry said...

Back trouble is a pain, and none of us are getting any younger. I'm glad your PT knows what she's doing :)

Christine said...

Here is the challah bread recipe Nicole!
https://mildlymeandering.com/challah-bread/

Prata da casa said...

I liked your drawing very much. The crackers look good,too.
Thanks for following my blog. I'm also here to follow you back.
xoxo
Márcia

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The drawings are wonderful!!! Get well soon for your back, but you've also worked hard!
Happy week, hug Elke

Lowcarb team member said...

Having trouble commenting today, so not sure if my comments are coming through!

Look after your back.

All the best Jan