Thursday, November 26, 2020

Making Manicotti Nicole Style

Hi Everyone!
 
I hope all of you are having a very nice Thanksgiving. I made my dinner yesterday so all I had to do today is pop it in the oven.  I made manicotti with homemade bread and a salad. For me making manicotti is dance. I enjoy it so much. So here is manicotti Nicole style. LOL
 

 Saute garlic in butter.


 Add onion and peppers


 Add unrendered beef Chorizo.


 This gives any type of meat sauce great flavor


 Add ground beef and cook to almost done. Drain and return to pot add seasonings.


 This is my homemade Arbol chili sauce. Just add 1/4 tsp. It is VERY hot.


 add 1 can of dices tomatoes and 1 large can of tomato sauce. Add more seasonings. I normally use Rotel instead of diced toms but was out. Bring to boil, turn down to simmer and put a lid on.


 With the meat and Chorizo a lot of grease comes up. Use a piece of lettuce to soak up the grease.


 No Grease. Let this simmer for about an hour.

 Grate Monterey Jack, Mozzarella and Parmesan


 Add Ricotta, Cottage, and  queso blanco cheeses. You can leave out the queso. I just have it on hand. Mix in seasonings, cover and put into fridge. You want it very cold. Also place a piece of foil in the freezer.


 Bring a big pot of water to a boil, add salt, remove pot from heat and drop in the maniccoti or lasagna pasta. Let it stand for 5 to 6 minutes. No longer. Then remove and run cold water over the pasta.


 Get the cheese and foil. Take a handful of cheese and roll into a tube. Now you see why you need it cold.


 Then slide the cheese into the manicotti. I don't have a pastry bag and I find using that or a plastic bag wastes too my cheese. This works great.


 Line the baking dish with sauce before laying in the cheese filled manicotti.


 Cover with sauce then top with Parmesan and olives. Bake at 350 for about an hour.



Seasonings. I don't measure so you will have to go by taste.
Meat, Oregano, Italian seasoning, Pepper, Cumin,  a small amount of Garlic salt, Onion powder and Basil. Season the meat after you drain it. Then season again after you add the tomato sauce.
Cheese. Garlic salt, Parsley, Dill and Basil.
Now you know what I did yesterday.
 
B Safe Out There And Wear A Mask

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

13 comments:

Tom said...

...a lot of work, I'll stick with spaghetti.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh Tom, you are so missing out with plain ol' spaghetti. LOL

Christine said...

You are such a good cook! Yum.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh that manicotti looks delicious. I bet it tasted as good as it looks too. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Two fantastic tips -- soaking up grease with lettuce, and how to fill the manicotti! Thanks!

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks great, thanks for sharing. Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Looks good

Lowcarb team member said...

This looks and sounds so good.
I like that the lettuce leaf soaks up the grease, a very good tip :)

I think if a lot of your blogging friends lived near you we'd be round for some of your good looking food :)

Enjoy your day.

All the best Jan

DEZMOND said...

I've always wondered how does one stuff the pasta, thanks for revealing it finally to me :)

Hot guys said...

You're so good in the kitchen, Nic! 👏🏻 The onions, the lettuce...

And of course, the final thing is so good! 😛 Yum! 👅

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

I used to get manicotti when we'd go to an Italian restaurant but I haven't had it in quite a few years. Yours looks delightfully yummy - Yum! I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm taking this week off to spend some vacation days with DH. Our weather has turned really chilly, too. I guess it's time to make hot chocolate! :) Stay safe, keep warm, and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year! ;)

Divers and Sundry said...

Now I'm hungry! :) That looks so delicious :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks for the great tips! This looks so good! My mouth is watering! LOL! Big Hugs!