Saturday, July 25, 2020

From the Garden and I need help

Hi Everyone!

Hope all of you are well and staying as safe as you can. My town has gone from being safe, 2 cases of covid to over 100 cases. Of course those are just the people that have been tested so it's more.  All because our gov. opened up to tourists. We have 4 restaurants closed down due to covid cases. The US is a mess.
OK, enough of that crap.

I want to be happy today so here is what I harvested this AM from the garden. Everyday I bring in food from the garden. That makes me happy.
The onions are from the bottoms of onions I bought at the store. I have been cutting the greens for months and using them. Now I have bulbs. 

 I am very happy with my flower garden. This color is just fabulous!

These 2 toned are so pretty. 
I need to get a better photo to try and paint these.

These are from one my potato plants.

Pure joy to see baby Brussels growing. 
This is my favorite veggie of all time.

My good friend, who moved away from Florence sent me this book
Thank you Donna, I will get good use from this.

 
Now for the big garden question. I have a potato plant that is growing in a canvas bag. It grew to mammoth proportions. It flowered and then began to die back as it is suppose to do. A few days ago I woke to find a foot of new green growth on the potato plant. I asked in several of my FB garden group what to do? No one had an answer. Now today, the part that was dying back is getting new green grow. I live in a very very wet and windy place. The dew, fog and marine layer leaves so much moisture that I don't have to do a morning watering.  Sooo to anyone who gardens do you have any advice for me? Thank you.

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You are a great gardener, delicious things to eat and the flowers are so beautiful too! I hope you get help for the potato plant.
Take care of yourself and your family, now mindfulness is required when we go somewhere. Me too!
Stay alive and well and your husband
Hugs Elke

Crafting Queen said...

Love your vegetables. Only grown potatoes for two years,I would probably try and harvest them. x

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely flowers and vegetables in your pictures.

I'm not a garden expert at all, but this link may be of help, I'm not sure?

https://www.thespruce.com/growing-potatoes-in-the-home-garden-1403476

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

Thank you for the link I will check it out.

Hot guys said...

Love the flowers & vegetables! 💚💛 When it comes to corona, you kinda called it before. No wonder it's basically 100+ infected. Even though it's a small community, no one's immune and since half of the town doesn't wear masks, like you said, this was totally expected. 🤷‍♂️ What I do know is, you're gonna stay safe and healthy. 👌🏻

Tammie Lee said...

Lovely that you have a garden.
I am guessing that you will still get potatoes from the plant.
Nothing as good as garden food and also wild foraged foods.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Tell us what you find out about the potato plant. My first thought was...watch and wait.
Stay healthy.
xx, Carol