Thursday, May 28, 2020

TAD PPF and Eyes

Hi Everyone!

My eyes are a bit better today. Staying off the PC and resting them helps a lot. I called my ophthalmologist and with covid they are putting people on a list and calling us when there is an opening. I do have an apt in August that was made before the shut down. I will try to get to as many of your blogs as I can in the next few days.
Thursday Art Date with Rain is a good one this week. Cracks and Crevices. 
That covers a lot of territory. However, since I have not been able to create anything new I am showing faces that I have drawn with wrinkles. Ya know those kind that never go away. LOL

This is one of my favorite. 
He is framed and hangs in my living room.
An old Fisherman with wind weathered wrinkles.
Crevices?




Bridge of nose and forehead crevice.
Happy cracks and crevices.


If she keeps making faces like this those will not go away.

OH yeah cracks and crevices.

Lines of a gentle man.

My car art put to paint.

Cracks and crevices of molded leather.

I think she is beautiful.


Even though these are all older art I hope you enjoyed them. 
I am linking with TAD and PPF
Hope you are all well.
 
Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic faces, Valerie

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Fabulous portraits! The fisherman looks wonderful, perfect for the challenge!

Happy PPF,
-Soma

Hot guys said...

Hi Nicole, glad to hear your eyes are better. 👏🏻 Yeah, it's a mess at the doctor's. They're starting everything up again. 🤷‍♂️ Love the man with the beard, and his cheeks and the forehead... Nice, pretty realistic! 👌🏻

All the others you shared in this post are very interesting! 🙂

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful drawings, love the first one.

sirkkis said...

Very expressive face art, Nicole.
Happy PPF and upcoming weekend.
Stay safe xx

Christine said...

This is a great idea to focus on wrinkles for this theme, lovely pieces and happy PPF too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm thrilled your eyes are even a tiny bit better, so that is really good news for me. You certainly know how to draw faces, expressions, and the lines drawn from years of living. These are all so wonderful, Nicole. Beautiful examples of Rain's theme this week.

Jean said...

Such wonderful faces. Love the old fisherman! So many wonderful details!

Debra said...

You are really good drawing faces.

Barbara said...

Cracks and crevices abound, and my eyes keep going to the witchy look. Haha, don’t think you’d put that one in your living room though. I love the old fisherman. Hey, your leather art mesmerizes me. Is there a tutorial somewhere on your blog? I can’t imagine how it’s done! I agree,she is lovely!

Gillena Cox said...

What helps me greatly, is warm towels gently pressed over my eyes.
Bravo, you are featured at PPF this week

Much💖love

Linda Kunsman said...

super portraits, and your leather sculptures are so fascinating! Keep well, and happy PPF!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great faces, my fave is the fisherman.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

these are beautiful fantastic faces and the last * wow * made!!!

Tammie Lee said...

A wonderful group of drawings. Such unique characters.
I hope your eyes are completely better soon.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The old geezer with the 3 teeth is my fave. He seems a jolly sort.

Rain said...

Nicole, your fisherman is great. I love the wrinkled look of his face. You got the hair and beard drawn very well! That lady's face is priceless lol...and is that the witch from Snow White? Very crackly indeed! Great leather work as always, it's gorgeous!

carol l mckenna said...

You do a wonderful job with portraits with 'wrinkles' ~ and everyone of them earned ~

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

my favorite of course is your fisherman and the leather faces.
Glad you are careful with your eyes. They are important.
Take care, stay safe.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

They are not old to me ... my first time seeing them and I am impressed with your ability to capture a perceived personality in the faces you have drawn. They are all wonderful, but I agree, the old fisherman is my favorite as well. And your face in the molded leather is gorgeous and what an interesting technique. Love it all, Nicole ... sorry I am so late with my comment. I got side tracked (i.e. stumped) by the "My Dreams" prompt for next week :)

Andrea @ From The Sol