Thursday, May 2, 2019

What inspires you?

Hi Everyone!

The other day I was asked, "what inspires you?" I really don't like answering that question because the inspiration changes all the time. I think because where ever I am I "see" things that invoke an emotion and that inspires me to create. I am not one of those artist that keeps a sketch book, or writes my ideas down. The art just comes when I am ready to paint, draw, sculpt leather, or bead. I love the quote by Thomas Merton,  "Art allows us to lose ourselves and find ourselves at the same time." That is how I feel, and when I step back to see what I have created I am always pleasantly surprised. You must love your own art. So how are you inspired?
Art for today.








Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

14 comments:

BrownPaperBunny said...

I think so many different things can be inspiration...something visual, but also a feeling, a song, a thought.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Nicole, now I do have books where I write idea's and creative thought's but they all seem to be attached to Design Team creations for those protocol's that need to be met. There's an overwhelming feeling when creativity takes over and we have the freedom to just play and discover what we choose to use. Beautiful shared art today.
Happy PPF Hugs Tracey xx

sirkkis said...

Wise words from Merton, I agree you, too. My inspiration sources are what I see...a picture, a word, nature... e.t.c.
Love your tee-painting.
Happy PPF xx

Christine said...

Lovely art, I am inspired just the way you are, it just comes to me in the moment.

Linda Kunsman said...

love the trees. And I agree that inspiration can come at any time, from anything on a daily basis. Happy PPF!

froebelsternchen said...

An artist is always and everywhere inspired by all things around him!
Wonderful art Nicole!
Susi xxx

carol l mckenna said...

Trees are my favorite but both are beauteous!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

Beajtifuk pieces. Happy PPF

much🌻love

BLOGitse said...

Inspiration...what I hear/read/how I feel. To start I have a flame inside, I must create something. It can be only simple sketching to wake up...
Happy weekend!

Beth Niquette said...

How lovely! I especially liked the mystery of the dark woods. I am inspired by nature and the artists of old. I am also inspired by my wonderful sister in law Jane, an author, who's imagination rivals my own. <3

Jennifer Rose said...

not one thing inspires me, never know when an idea will happen :)

love those trees :D

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

What Inspires me - it could be anything that catches my eye. Great trees.

NatureFootstep said...

I think I am like you. I "see" things and ideas comes from that, I can´t "invent" ideas. I have a poor fantasy without my eyes. Love your trees :)