Thursday, May 9, 2019

Watercolor PPF

Hi Everyone!

Wow what a week! Watercolor class and art history class. I love the history. Not so much on the watercolor. I just can't get the hang of moving the color properly. I know I know, it is all about the practice. I like using the paint more on the dry side and on canvas. I feel more comfortable with that.
Today our temps got up to 85° OMG!!!! that is unheard of here. Yesterday it was 50° I am loving this warm sun. I can't go out in it without a UV mask on but that's OK. That warm feels sooo good.
So here is what I worked on this week. Don't be too hard me. LOL 

Now I do like this one. It was with dryer paint on paper.

Ehhh wet on wet. Not so happy with this one. 

I also like this one. Dry paint on canvas. Easy subject.

We could add one texture to this page I made rake lines. Then, I found myself under the sea.

This is another one I like. Trying to control paint.
 Another page of controlling paint.

 Linking up with Paint Party Friday. Looking forward to seeing what all of you have created this week.



Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

14 comments:

SLScheibe said...

Lots of fun experiments here! I really like the top one that you like too. It's nicely abstract but painterly too. Does that make sense? LOL. Watercolors can be super annoying. I tend to layer mine. I find it easier to work with them that way. Happy PPF!

Christine said...

Wonderful you are learning new things, lovely art.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lots of lovely ways to use watercolour, I think the trick is when using them is to let them be in control rather than us trying to control them. Watercolour is a delicate soul and tends to finds it's own in the end. Beautiful demo's Nicole, enjoy your both your classes. Creative Hugs Tracey xx

sirkkis said...

Creative papers and paintings. Nice to read that you have got warm weather.
Happy weekend 🧡

Gillena Cox said...

Nice watercolours. Happy PPF

much🎨love

Beth Niquette said...

I love these--my favorite is of the tree

Mia said...

I llllllove your art, Nicole. You are a great artist, my friend. Happy PPF!!!!!!

Jennifer Rose said...

the watercolour will come with time, its on of the trickier mediums to figure out :)

DVArtist said...

Thank you everyone!

carol l mckenna said...

wonderful creations for the class ~ favorite is the tree one ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

Cool, kind of what I do but in a diefferent way :)
Can´t figure out what dryer paint is. Google search gives me travel advice or what shares to buy. I guess your trouble is the reason why I did not go for watercolor even if I like the look of it. :) My favorite is the tree. :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Watercolour is definitely not the easiest. I find it easier to just let it dictate what it wants to do and for me to follow along. Your works are actually quite lovely.

-Soma

Magic Love Crow said...

They are all great! As long as you are having fun, that is the main thing! Big Hugs!