Thursday, September 6, 2018

Paint Party Friday 9/7

Hi Everyone!

It has been a tough week but there is always a bright side and I was given some brightness today. I was awarded a scholarship to attend two different classes at our Lane Community College for water color.  I am so excited about this. Most of you know that water color just eludes me and these two classes will help me get on the right track. Thank you to Jo the owner of our 
Art Supply Store here in Florence. 
I managed to get a painting and another leather piece made. With all of that I have decided to have my yard sale tomorrow. I have most everything priced and ready but am feeling like too much is on my plate to do this. LOL Oh well have to get it done.  A big thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting
Now for the art.
I am still trying to work with blues. I actually liked doing this one. I painted on some thick gesso and then scribbled through it before painting. I really like the effect. Hope you can see it in the photo.
16x20" gallery canvas. I started this painting to relax myself and it did. "Something to ease my mind".

I am very much liking these leather unicorn horns. I don't know how the photos show up for you but in real life they are quite striking.


 Last but not least is my finished bathroom. I painted the walls, ceiling, cabinets, and my favorite counter top. Husband made a shelf for me and we put in new faucet and plumbing.
I have had a few friends over to tell me the truth about my count top. Everyone loves it. Waiting for my landlord to come over to see it. Hope he loves it too. LOL
Before
After




I
I painted the first coat with a brush to make the top have the feel of grain wood then I went for the design and topped it with 5 coast of Polyacrylic. It is awesome!
That is it for tonight. Wishing all of you a happy weekend.

Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

21 comments:

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news. Wishing you the very best!
-Eva Maria

BrownPaperBunny said...

Congrats on the scholarships, can’t wait to see your work from class! Happy PPF!

JFM said...

Lots of varied art pieces here Nicole and each one has the touch of a master artist...gorgeous!
Hop all goes well with your landlord.
Happy PPF~

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of fabulous art! The counter top is wonderful, wow! Happy PPF, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Great selection of creative makes

Felicity said...

Nicole, hello
I like your acrylic painting, do you have any photos of the process?
have a nice we
Nat

John said...

Hi, Nicole. Congratulations on the scholarship. I'm sure you will do well. Your bathroom is super cool. Makes me a bit envious. Love your painting. Blue is a wonderful colour. Hard to work with but you have produced a magical piece.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your canvas is inspiring Nicole, blue is one of my favourite paint colours. Great created texture. Your home decor transformation is stunning, reminds me of one of those high end hotels/restaurants with those super posh rest rooms. A delight to visit i'm sure.
Thank you so much for sharing & Happy PPF.
Hugs Tracey xx

Susan said...

Love your canvas Nicole! Congratulations on the scholarships. I hope you will share your progress. Happy PPF

Jean said...

Congrats on the scholarship! Your canvas is lovely! Great transformation on the bathroom!

sirkkis said...

I relly love your painting, its beautiful and texture is great. I envy your beautiful bathroom. Leather art is great as always.
Happy PPF 🌺

Christine said...

Lovely work this week and the bathroom looks great!

denthe said...

Wow, that counter-top looks fantastic! The whole bathroom is transformed, it's beautiful. And I so love that first painting with the scribbles. How exciting for you to win that scholarship. Good luck on your yard sale! Happy weekend ♥

Jennifer Rose said...

the blue colour on the cabinets really make that room look bigger and brighter :) good idea using that string technique for decoration :)

Gillena Cox said...

Congrats on your Watercolour classes. Hope you enjoy the experience
Happy PPF

MUCH💛love

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Love the paintings and the leather artwork! Love the painting's colors and textures! Great job!

carol l mckenna said...

Congrats on the scholarship ~ fun and creative for U ~ lovely leather creation and bathroom counter is awesome ~ You have been real busy !

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the scholarship! You deserve it Nicole! Have fun! That painting is glorious! I love it! And, your leather pieces are so funky! You say my art amazes you, your art amazes me! Your bathroom ROCKS! I love it!!! I hope the garage sale went well and I hope you are feeling better! Big Hugs!

BLOGitse said...

wow, love your art again but your bathroom makeover, it looks now so bright and the counter is yes, yes, yes!
Have a good week!

NatureFootstep said...

I love the Unicorn horns, they are amazing. :) And so are your bathroom :) Wish it was mine :)

Julie said...

wow you are so creative! I love the peaceful blue painting and the counter top is amazing!