Friday, July 13, 2018

Paint Party Friday 7/13

Hi Everyone!

I have been so busy that I totally forgot about Paint Party Friday. EEEKKKK..... I have been painting, leather sculpting, and getting paper mache pieces made. Today though I will show you finished worked. First is the finished leather piece for my exhibit. I sold one last week and had to get this one ready for show. The white feather shawl is amazing in person. Then I did another chain pull painting. I have also been selling these so want to keep some on hand. Plus they are just so much fun to make. 
A big thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting PPF.  Now I want to talk about Etsy for a minute. So many shops have and are closing because of all of the horrible changes. I closed my beadwright etsy store over a year ago. I strictly sell of my beadwright.com website. Then I found out that etsy bought Dawanda and all of the sellers there will be transferred over to etsy. Ohhh and by the way etsy just raised their fees by another 43%. If you are closing your etsy shop let me know so I can help advertise for you..... for free through my beadwright newsletter.




Have a great weekend!
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your leather sculptures are out of this world good. BUT - how could you forget PPF?! There's a saying here that happy people don't hear the clock chiming! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Valerie I don't know how PPF slipped my mind but at least I got in today. Just having too much fun I guess. LOL

sirkkis said...

Hi Nicole 😃 Your leather culpture are really gorgeous. Glad you sell well. Congrats for the exhibition ✌️
Happy PPF and weekend đŸŒș

Christine said...

Gorgeous work Nicole!

Lisabella Russo said...

These are wonderful! I love the pull painting especially.

Tarang Sinha said...

Leather sculpture sounds new to me. It's nice. And the painting is very unique.

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful sculptures and art! terrible what Etsy is doing :( happy PPF!

denthe said...

Beautiful piece! I LOVE that white feather shawl! About Etsy: I got out years ago because of changes I didn't agree with, but still didn't find a good replacement. I think Etsy is great to sell digital stuff, I wouldn't sell anything else on there anymore since now they're also taking a percentage on the shipping costs. How stupid is that. It makes me think of Trump, because then you get the tendency to only sell to people in your own country, otherwise you have to pay more ... Nationalism and protectionism on the up-rise, even in Etsy. It's sad ... Happy PPF!

Clare Lloyd said...

Great sculpture

Jennifer Rose said...

Etsy has changed too much over the years. they have gone from being small to medium sellers to a lot of big business's selling there. case of too much success having gone to their head I think.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love seeing your art. I really miss the way Etsy used to be. I did a lot of shopping there. But I think the younger generation still surfs Etsy. I know my daughter and granddaughter-in-law do. Probably because their generations don't mind spending hours surfing a web site.
xx, Carol

Jenn Jilks said...

Leather work is such a beautiful medium! Good for you! Thanks for visiting.

carol l mckenna said...

Your leather sculptures are always so beautiful!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

JKW said...

Your leather is fantastic art. Blessings, Janet

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning Nicole! Wow!!!
Yes, I am still on Etsy! Believe it or not, I have "faithful" people that buy from me on their. And, I do find it secure! I don't have to worry about anything. Yes, I know the fees are going up! I don't know??
Big Hugs!!

NatureFootstep said...

Love your leather work and this lady is amazing.
Sorry about teh Etsy problems, such things is no fun :(

JFM said...

Beautiful painting and gorgeous sculpture Nicole!
How sad that Etsy is pulling stunts like I read here...best of luck to you and Hugs!!!