Monday, October 24, 2016

LOW FAT MUFFINS THE BEST EVER

Hi Everyone!

I am always experimenting with low fat, low calorie snacks. Most of you know I am a vegetarian and I make my own veggie burgers. Anyway, for years  I have not added oil or butter to my cakes and muffins.  The way I do this is by taking the small about of white sugar and eggs and beating them with a mixer for at least 5 minutes. Doing this adds air to the mixture quadrupling the volume.  I also use a cup of cooked veggie. I like sweet potato best but white potato, carrots and beats work just as well. OK on to the new recipe. The first thing I did was take 1/4 cup of good slow cooking oats.
 (I am NOT a fan of quaker)  and grind into a rough flour in food processor. 
preheat oven to  350 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with paper cups.
You will need
2 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
1 grated medium carrot
1/2 cup finely ground almonds unsalted
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground oatmeal
1 t vanilla or almond extract
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Beat eggs and sugar for 5 minutes. Add sweet potato,  carrot and extract. Mix until combind.
Add dry ingredients. Once completely mixed spoon into cupcake pan. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Insert a toothpick if it comes back clean they are done. Depending on your elevation you may have to bake a few minutes longer. 

You can frost them if you like but they do not need it. 
Or sprinkle powdered sugar on them. hhhmmmm good

Hope you try it.
 


Nicole/Beadwright 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

3 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

They look delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Hmm, I actually might give these a go. They sound yummy!

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much Nicole!!!