Thursday, August 4, 2016

PPF AND A REQUEST :)

Hi Everyone!

Happy Paint Party Friday and thanks to the wonderful Eva and Kristin for hosting the best art party on line. Come see all of the beautiful art from around the world.

Tonight I have two items to share with you. First I finished my colorful horse on leather. I need a name for this guy. LOL
I am pretty happy with the finished piece. I added some finishing touches that include a Native warp stitch with embroidery thread over horse hair. Some glass crow beads and tea dyed hair pipe bone beads. I need to curl the horse hair a bit. 



 Second item is..... I entered this painting in a Dick Blick challenge and it is in the voting stage of the contest. I know some of you are being very faithful voting every 24 hours. Thank you so very much. If you have not voted and have just a minute please help me get more votes. After you vote a prompt will come up for your information. YOU DO NOT need to fill that out. At the bottom of it there is a place to skip it. So none of you info has to be shared. 
This is the painting. "Send a Raven". By the way because of this contest the painting sold!!! YaY an unexpected bonus, I wasn't thinking of selling it.  So please go vote HERE


Thank you so much and you know if you ever need my vote I am here for you.

Nicole/Beadwright 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the painted horse. I will vote again. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

BrownPaperBunny said...

Very cool, and I'll be sure to go vote!

Ritu Dua said...

Wow...Gorgeous !!

https://beneathmyheartart.blogspot.in/2016/08/dream.html

sandra d said...

Love the horse. Rainbow Horse sounds like a good title. Could be R.O.Y. (Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain - the ways to remember the order of the Rainbow).
www.daffodilwild.wordpress.com

Linda Kunsman said...

your painted horse with the beading and horse hair is stunning Nicole!! Happy PPF and good luck with the contest!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love the leather piece. Thanks for the reminder to vote too!!
xx, Carol

My name is Erika. said...

Wow- you do so many beautiful types of art Nicola. I love this leather work. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Whoops, hit the a by mistake. I meant to say Nicole. :)

Christine said...

Such a beautiful and unique piece, your painted horse is! Good luck with the competition, congrats on the sale of this beautiful raven piece.

Indira said...

Voted! The horse is beautiful!

Julie said...

I love ravens, your painting is beautiful, congrats on your sale and good luck with the contest!

Anewdawn 16 said...

Hey ur paintings are beautiful!!! I love to read ur comments everyweek... U r too kind with ur words.. Thanks for them... (Voted for u btw ;))

Lynn Cohen said...

Both of these pieces are quite wonderful! Such details on the horse. And huge congrats on the sIl of the second piece! It's wonderful in flight depiction!im off to vote now! Good luck!

Lisabella Russo said...

The horse is wonderful, I love the additions. Congratulations on selling your piece. I tried to vote, I think it went through.

NatureFootstep said...

as I mentioned last week....it is a rainbow horse. I see someone eölse think so too :) Will check out the vote. :)

Giggles said...

Wonderful horse...and congratulations on selling the other piece!! Hope you win!

Hugs Giggles

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow such beautiful artwork! The horse turned out beautifully! Happy PPF :)

artbyjune said...

Lovely work! I am fascinated by the horse on leather!

JillGA said...

Nice! Love both pieces, Nicole. And a nice bonus with selling the painting as well. :-) Heading off to vote now...

SusuPetal said...

Voted! And congrats for the sell!

Jennifer Rose said...

you horse turned out really nice and good luck with the contest :)

Happy PFF :)
Jen #23