Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WORLD LUPUS DAY MAY 10

Hi Everyone!
 
Just a note to say lupus sucks!!!

 
 
Most of you know that I share my body with lupus. For the most part I have lived a pretty normal life. "MY NORMAL" lupus has taken a toll on my body and the older I get the harder the flares are. This flare that I am in now is really trying to kick me around. I am a fighter and even though I won't win the lupus war I will win as many battles as I can.
 
For those of you who share your bodies with lupus you know what I am talking about. For those of you who don't know what lupus is; well in the easiest terms lupus is an autoimmune dis-ease where the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling, and damage to joints, skin, kidneys, heart, lungs, brain, central nervous system, female organs and of course blood.  This happens because a body with lupus can't tell the difference between the good and the bad. Your body actually attacks itself. 
 
May is lupus awareness month and May 10 is world lupus day.
There are a lot of things you can do to help find a cure for lupus.
If you are interested please visit these sites.
 
 
 
 
These are some of my favorite lupus banners
all from google search
 









 
If you share you body with lupus we are in this boat together. We can take turns paddling.
If you know someone with lupus do something nice for them.
If you are a care giver for someone with lupus be sure to take care of yourself first.
If you would like to help find a cure for lupus contact lupus.org



Nicole/Beadwright
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

8 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

Nicole, I wasn't aware of the ravages of lupus before reading your posts, you are the only I know with it. You are amazing and your art is wonderful and I am so glad I get to know you! I am sorry you are suffering with this.

GlorV1 said...

I too don't know anyone else with Lupus. I always think of you and how strong you are in this ordeal. ::hugs::

Kristin said...

I didn't know either. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this at all - and so much more informed of the disease now. I will be thinking of you!! xoxo

Katie Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry to read that you're having a flareup, Nicole. I can't imagine the pain you go through. :( I had a Persian cat who suffered with Lupus, and was wrongly diagnosed for the first 6 months. Poor little guy. I was diagnosed with two autoimmune diseases, so I know how difficult it is to be sick. My thoughts are with you. xo

Valerie-Jael said...

Great post! I am having a bad flare up just now, and having to take masses of cortisone, so know how you feel! Keep fighting, keep going! Hugs, Valerie

Kokopelli said...

Thinking of you often, girl! That's all I can do, as I can't even imagine how it feels to battle such pain.

Magic Love Crow said...

Lupus Sucks!!!! My friend, I am so sorry you suffer like this! I wish I could do something for you! Keep being you!!! I love your signs! Especially the "Warning" one!! Big Hugs ;o)

Jael said...

I'm sorry that you have lupus. I don't have lupus, but I have chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia and arthritis. And I don't look sick either. Sigh. I had a friend in high school who developed lupus. She passed away in her 20s. I have several friends now who are on the lupus spectrum. It's no fun, none of it. I'm particularly sad that you cannot bead anymore. Hugs.