Monday, March 26, 2012

BOOK REVIEW SONOKO NOZUE

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend. I spent mine with my mom. We had a great time doing girl things. Getting our hair cut, shopping, having lunch. When I came home there was a surprise waiting for me. I just love surprises! I was so hoping this book would come to me and there it was. Yes it is Sonoko Nozue's new book. Just out by Lark Books.
Japanese Beadwork
with
Sonoko Nozue
25 Jewelry Designs from a master artist
ISBN978-1-4547-0278-8
When I was in Japan a few years ago the one thing that was very clear is that men, women, and children dress impeccably. It didn't' matter if they were in traditional or high fashion clothing. The children all wore uniforms for school, but again they were all very tailored. This comes through to me in Sonoko's book. Her jewelry is made for fashion, but in a way that it can be worn with everyday clothes too. As always Lark has taken an artist view and brought it forth in print. This book is elegant in it's entirety. The instructions are easy to follow and the photography is exceptional. This instructional book is truly one you must have. Sonoko takes time tested stitches and creates jewelry with sophistication and polished designs. Each of the 127 pages of the striking book will keep you intrigued.




Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I'll need to take a look at it the next time I'm in the bookstore. Thx for the review.

Unknown said...

wunderschöne Werke!!!