Friday, October 28, 2011

MY GRANDMOTHER'S SWAROVSKI

Hi Everyone!

I have been so busy getting ready for winter. I have cleaned and packed up the back room. You know the things that you haven't even looked at for a few years??? Why are they in my room?! I has amazed me at how much space I actually have back there. LOL
If your read along with me you know that I am so very fortunate to have my great grandmother, grandmother and some of my mom's beads and jewelry. Sooo while going through boxes I came across some small paper boxes that were filled with treasures. I remember packing them away years ago but to find them now feels like a grand surprise. These are all stud earring made with Swarovski Rivolis and small Swarovski crystals. At first I thought to reconstruct the stones.... haaa  I have a better idea and can't wait to get started on this project. How cool are these earrings??





Speaking of "Project" How many of you watch Project Runway and now the first episode of Project Accessory? Well I think two mistakes were made last night. As much as I liked  Anya I felt that her lack of experience should NOT have made her the winner. Just seems wrong. Hey that is my opinion.
The other mistake I think that was made last night was the first elimination of Project Accessory. If you didn't see it check it out.
I do like the concept of the show and it will be interesting to see it play out. I just might apply for next year.

So if you watched what did you think?

Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

9 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Day!!

You are so fortunate to have your mothers heirlooms. When my mother passed, a sister too everything. I don't think my mom had anything of value, but I would have like to have something of hers.

xx, Carol

Marie S said...

That is the thing that is so wonderful about swarovski,they are timeless.
I have some vintage stones that my mother in law had from the 60's,I cherish them. Sometimes I even use them in my pieces.
And they are still as nice as when they were made.
You are very lucky to have your grandmother's too!
We are blessed in so may ways.
Happy Halloween my friend!

Lisa said...

Hi! Love your sparkly treasures! They do mean so much. I have some of both of my grandmother's jewelry pieces and I have been wearing them 'as is'. I love them all! I caught the last 15-20 min of Project Accessory and agree with you about the one they eliminated. Wasn't sure about the winner either. I think this will be an interesting series. I missed every single episode of Runway this time. :( My daughter and I usually do watch it. Think softball games got in the way of it this time. Will have to do better next season and from the preview, it looked like a good one! Have a great weekend!

Magic Love Crow said...

Very cool earrings! Can't wait to see what you do with them!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Those are beautiful earrings--you are so lucky to have these heirlooms! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Have a great weekend!

Ann said...

haven't heard of project accessory !
love those earrings! how fortunate you are to have these ! Special and beautiful treasures!!

Lori said...

Oh-- I love those! I have a few of my Grans too...I am still waiting for the perfect project...
Happy Halloween My friend! Ya Witch! LOL! Wonder if the kids in Mullan wonder what happened to the "witch lady".....LOL

Shai Williams said...

Those are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

Dawn Doucette said...

Nicole, how special to find the treasures from your Grandma and Great Gran. I can only imagine what you create with them will be even more fabulous.

Okay, I had heard about project runway... but project accessory is new to me. Do I need more tv in my life, not so much, but am I going to check it out - ABSOLUTELY, and will I need a support group for addicts after I do, probably! LOL

Hope your weekend is fabulous and filled with more beautiful treasures!
{Hugs!}