Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bead Museum

Hello everyone.

For those of you who don't know this about me, I have been a speaker on the history of beads for some 25 years. For me there is a pure path of who we are as a species by the beads of the past. So on my recent trip to Arizona I stopped in to visit the Bead Museum in Glendale. Before I go further I need to say that when the Bead Museum resided in Prescott, Arizona I was almost a fixture there. So when I say that I was disappointed by my visit I do have something to compare. I was excited as Mike and I pulled up the to large beautiful building. However, the excitement ended there. We were actually treated a bit rudely at the door, ordered to the bead store to pay for entry to the museum side of the building. Once we paid and were allowed entry I was immediately stuck at the lack of lighting. It was a dull cramped atmosphere. Displays were difficult to see by pulling out drawers that hit other drawers set too close together. I was disappointed in the whole experience not by the beads of course. Even with how I feel about my visit I do believe that we NEED the Bead Museum! It is a part of our story, a past that connects us to a future. Please click on this link to read what the director of the Bead Museum has to say and what they need. http://www.beadmuseumaz.org/news.htm

Bead with Honor and Integrity
Nicole/Beadwright

No comments: