Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Ramblings

In 1995 I purchased my first computer. It was a huge step for me. I have always said, " I was born in the wrong century." I am a natural girl who spent years living in the woods, remote, from what was the norm. So.... the people close to me at time were all very surprised that I would even consider something as modern as a computer. I have to tell you it was as if I was born to be connected up. That first computer lasted me about 3 years and when it was time for a new one I was so excited. Getting to upgrade, add new programs and just having something move across the Internet with the speed of the day. I enjoyed putting in all my data and exploring the new gadgets. I don't know what has happened to that person. Yesterday I "had" to get a new computer. My old Compaq was just not keeping up it's part of the bargain. I am very lucky to live in a place that has one of the best computer guys around, Bret, he also owns Coast Computers. I held off buying a new computer because of Vista. I just don't like it and it would not like my old printers. Bret, only uses XP when building new computers and he is very reasonable with his pricing. So here I sit with the very high speed brand new computer and thinking of all the work I have to do to get it the way I want it. It doesn't seem to be fun any more to upload and link up and put in the files I need from my old computer. Has a life with computers just become another mundane thing in my, (our) lives? I hope not. For me it is a time issue. I don't have time to upload things I already have on my old computer. That just seems so odd to me now, the girl who once didn't even care about time as I walked through the woods and lived remote.

Bead with Honor and Integrity
Nicole/Beadwright

1 comment:

Jean9 said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and giving me your views on sketching for my bead embroidery bracelet, I will take them to heart for sure, and try to go with the flow.