Thursday, February 5, 2009

OK is it just me???

I truly try to do the right thing in my life and how I treat others. One thing that really irrks me is what sellers and businesses are charging for shipping. I make it a point to charge exactly what it costs me in shipping charges and packing. I do not make money on shipping charges and I do have to drive to the post office to mail my items. (I do not add charges for that) I just think it is wrong to make money on shipping. The other day I placed an order with a company and was charged $5.00 for shipping. At that price and for what the item was I certainly expected Priority mail. Nooooo. My order that weighed 5 oz was sent first class and cost $1.62, there was no packaging. Now that really upsets me and I will not reorder from this company again. OK so is it just me? Let me know how you feel about this?
Bead with Honor and Integrity
Nicole/Beadwright

5 comments:

Beaderjojo said...

Oh I'm with you on this one. A $5 shipping rate should priority for sure. Not sure where you bought from, but eBay sellers are notorious for taking extra shipping money from customers.

Happy beading!

Mark said...

Everywhere you go you see companies charging more for shipping than they should. I recently purchased some ink from Walmarts online store. One cartridge, cost me $8 for the cartridge and $6 for the shipping. It shipped from within my own state with the cheapest shipping too.

Well, two days ago I purchased some more ink, this time from Epson directly. The ink cost $12 but the shipping was FREE (overnight priority at that).

Overall, I hate being overcharged for shipping, however if I stop buying from companies that overcharge, most of the time I will have to pay much more for the product.

---
Censorship Sucks Balls
http://www.censorshipsucksballs.com

Lenox Knits said...

I agree with you to a point. I certainly don't believe in making $ off of shipping, but I do think it should cover the cost of supplies. Nothing fancy but basic shipping and handling coverage. For $5 I would probably expect priority but it wouldn't necessarily keep me from buying again if I really liked the item.

TiLT said...

I'm with you. I charge what the actual shipping is along with what it may have cost for the box/envelope/what have you. I will even refund any overages of $0.50 or more (can't go much lower because of the fees involves with money transfer).
It does feel like a sleezy way to get more money from a customer. And I would (actually, have) stop using those who seriously overcharge shipping to the point of profit.

Christa said...

I totally agree with you. It seems that a lot of DIY companies are charging 5-10 for something that could be sent for a couple of dollars. Just add delivery confirmation. You can find shipping products for cheap if you try!