Thursday, March 31, 2016

PAINT PARTY FRIDAY 4/1

Hi Everyone!
Happy Paint Party Friday. I am shocked at how fast this week sped by.  It just goes faster and faster each week. Which means I have no new art this week. Sighhhh..... So I am going to show you a corner in my family room.  This is a small corner that leads into my art room. Here are my pipes and awl holders. I wore these with regalia at powwow. A few leather faces and some art not mine.  The drums are on a facing wall. The top one was made for me by a medicine man of the Spokane tribe the other two were made by me. 

Huge thanks to Eva and Kristin for hosting PPF. I am so inspired by the other artists who show their art so if you have stopped by here be sure to click on the link and visit them as well.

BTW Happy April, it is my birthday month.
So when I won this giveaway  from  CozyDoodle I was thrilled. A magic start to start my new year off perfectly.






Corner of my little world


Close up of beading of the top pipe. 1994.
Peyote stitch with old Czech tri cut seed beads. Very shinny.

The rest of the dressing of top pipe. 1994

Dear antler and soap stone pipes. 1995

Awl holder made for my regalia for powwow 1986.
Made with raw hide, leather and beads.

Awl holder made for my regalia for powwow 1989.
Made with raw hide, leather and beads.

Ceremonial drums. The top one made by Tony Two Toes 1993.
 The other two made by me


Nicole/Beadwright 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

28 comments:

  1. Your beautiful artwork is always a joy to see. Have a wonderful month! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection you have. It is a fabulous display.
    Happy PPF
    Vicki-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your interesting corner art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You share the most interesting art pieces. All so beautifully made and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's always fascinating seeing what other creatives have in their home... this is wonderful... and the week has sped by over here as well... it isn't just you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the native American items - although mostly made from animal skin and products they had a real respect for the creatures they hunted unlike nowadays unfortunately. There is something so mystical about these items. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so interesting and inviting!

    Happy Birthday Month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pipes and other Art.
    Happy PPF and April ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely gift to win and I am fascinated by your art and instruments! Thanks for sharing and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing us your awls and pipe holders. They look amazing on your wall. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! Happy Birthday all month long! Love the Magic Star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to you for April. Also great projects. I know what you mean about this week going faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luv the drums

    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely collection -- have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What amazing and beautiful work you do Nicole. I am glad you posted close-ups.
    Happy Birthday!
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous work, especially all that intricate beadwork.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting peaks into your world today. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  18. a very Native inspired collection. I love it. And best wishes for your upcoming birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How nice to see your arty corner. I do like the beaded items.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! I enjoyed seeing a corner of your world filled with beautiful native American art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your home and wonderful beading projects!! Lovely work and display!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Belated Birthday! Wow! What fantastic beadwork! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on winning the beautiful star! I really loved seeing your gorgeous treasures in your home! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fantastic collection. I admire people who have the patience for beadwork.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these images--and I am in love with the awl holders. They are gorgeous--I want one! Love. Such gorgeous stuff. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such interesting and beautiful items!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful and beautiful corner! The week can go so fast sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely little corner. Thanks for giving us a tour!

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry I had to put a word verification for my comments due to the unsightly spam comments against women. Please take the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.