Saturday, May 12, 2012

PEOPLE'S PASSION


Hi Everyone!

I know soooo many people who have more than passion for what they do with art. I can see the real love connection with the artists who can't think of anything else all day long. They go about their day, at their jobs, in their homes, doing all the mundane things, but in every move their art is floating through their brains. You can see it what they create and  how they create.
Pam Kellogg is one of these people and I wanted to introduce you to her.

In her own words

Kitty & Me Designs actually started out as Kitty & Me Country Crafts. In 1989, I started my own counted cross stitch design company, creating beautiful charted cross stitch patterns which were used by manufacturers such as The DMC Corporation, Zweigart, Charles Craft, Kreinik Manufacturing and more. In addition to designing patterns for thread and fabric companies, my patterns were also available in numerous needlework magazines, both national and international.
I now self publish my patterns at Magcloud.
At the same time, Mom and I were creating handmade crafts for craft shows in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area where we live.
I'm a designer, textile artist and instructor. Although I love all forms of needlework and embroidery, my true passion is Crazy Quilting which I immediately got hooked on about 10 years ago when I saw a contemporary crazy quilt in a magazine.
I enjoy a quiet life with my husband Scott and our cats in our little cottage by a lake in Northern Illinois. I frequent flea markets and antique shops looking for do-dads that I can sew on to my stitching projects.
Stitching and sewing is not just something I do, it's who I am. My mom and I both have a very strong, intense need to create something out of nothing using fabric, needle & thread. It's our passion!


Stop by and say hello to Pam. You will enjoy her blog.





Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful stitching and bead work on these! Thanks for introducing her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing us to Pam and her work! I think I see a sequin or two in there. :)

    Off to check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole,

    Thank you so much for blogging about me, my work and my blog! I hope your followers enjoy seeing my stitching.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry I had to put a word verification for my comments due to the unsightly spam comments against women. Please take the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.