Wednesday, February 8, 2012

STOLEN BEAD ART ALERT

Hi Everyone!

As you know I have been in the beading business longer than most, some 46 years. For the most part people have been decent. As in anything there are those who are just simple asses, and think that your hard work is there for the taking. This is what my good friend Sue Horine from California has experienced. I have featured Sue on this blog before, and her bead art speaks for it self, so many of you know who she is.
About a week ago as Sue opened her bead shop three customers followed her inside. A young couple in their 20s and an older woman in her 50s. The woman engaged Sue in conversation and blocked her view of the young couple. They made sure Sue could hear them admiring her art and the prices. The young man left first and then a few minutes later the women. Sue was busy and didn't even notice that the three had stolen one of her most expensive and published pieces. There is a heart sinking feeling when you have been robbed. Sue made a police report and posted to FB. People like this, people who steel and cheat are some of the lowest and HAVE some pretty bad Karma coming to them. Honor and Integrity has been my motto for all of my life, people like this have no idea that these words even exist much less what the mean,  So Sue and I are asking to be on the look out. People like this don't realize how small our big beading community is. If you see this peace in any on line store, pawn shop, small store or on some one's neck please contact Sue Horine at
Sue Horine
88 W. Hwy 4, Suite 5
Murphys, California
209 728-8803

This is the piece that was stolen. You may have seen it in Bead n Button Magazine.

Visit my links to learn more about how wonderful Sue is

Honor and Integrity in Life in Art
Nicole/Beadwright

22 comments:

  1. Lo siento muchísimo, gentuza la hay en todos los lados.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This leaves me with such a sick feeling. I'm so sorry this happened to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shared it on FB! Will not appear over here, but hopefully it can be found. That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, how beartbreaking!!!

    The piece is beautiful, and must have taken so much time and effort. People who steal are so disrespectful -- I really hope the necklace is recovered and the people who stole it apprehended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How positively dreadful to hear this news. Your friend must be devastated. Hope she keeps her pieces under lock and key in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just despicable. That necklace belongs in a museum--it is that beautiful! I hope they catch this pathetic threesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about that! I posted on my fb, my jewelry fb, and my photograpy fb. Hope that gorgeous piece is recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is appalling, I am so sorry. That necklace is so beautiful, a work of art. I've posted it on my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so terrible and heartbreaking!! I'm so very sorry to hear this. I will def keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted it on Facebook and pinned it on Pinterest. It takes 6 seconds to go around the world on the internet. I can't imagine someone wearing Sue's piece after it has been all over the internet. I will blog tomorrow and tweet this afternoon. Bad karma for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue - I am so sorry to hear it. I'll share it on Facebook also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG..bad karma to those a--holes!I will pass this on..blog,facebook,etc!
    Wrong. I don't understand the mind of a thief!
    Please let her know how very sorry I am that these people did this. I hope it can be recovered and I will wish very bad juju on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnifico......me encanta su trabajo....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guauuuuuuuuu, ahora pude hacer la traducciòn, amiga lo siento muchisimo, piensa en positivo porque sino te va hacer daño a tì, si no es correcto llevarse el trabajo de los demàs y màs con malas acciones como es el robo.....pero piensa que a ellos les hace màs falta que a ustedes, que lo disfruten...son personas que no vale la pena ni recordar para uno estar bien, tu volveras a realizarlo, y te quedarà igual o mejor, porque tienes una creatividad nata, mientras que ellos, como se les caiga una piedrita ya està no sabran ni que hacer....asi...que piensa para tu bienestar, entiendo tu impotencia y tù rabia....pero tu salud y tu conciencia tranquila valen màs que inquietarse por personas inescrupulosas.....lo siento...un beso grande....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be happy to post this on Facebook. It is so upsetting when things like this happen to nice, honest people.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so tragic! I am just absolutely horrified :( I hope they are caught and it is recovered! I will repost on my FB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is nearly like stealing your pet! I will post on FB, can't hurt and might help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is just so horrible! she should keep an eye out for it on ebay, etsy and such. i just think this is terrible. i hope somehow she finds it and they get charges pressed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is disgusting!! I am so sorry! I will for sure keep my eye out! I don't understand people!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nicole,
    thanks for following my blog !
    will follow yours from now on,
    greetings from France !

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry I had to put a word verification for my comments due to the unsightly spam comments against women. Please take the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.