Tuesday, January 13, 2009

STEAM PUNK DRAGONS


If you follow my blog at all you know I love the fact that SteamPunk is back. Yes I said back. It is not a new art form, however, the new ways that SteamPunk is being assembled is. Add Dragons to this and I am pretty much a happy girl. I have been collecting Dragons for 30 years. So when I came across this artist how could I not promote her on my blog. I am talking about the very talented Christy from cforiginals. Christy has a seriously funny sense of humor and I know she is the clown of any gathering. This delightful personality comes through in her art. SteamPunk animals with whimsical features. Here is what Christy has to say.


"I have considered myself an artist for as long as I can remember. (I think I doodled in the walls of the womb.) My earliest art class was when I was four - in oils! What a mess! I had a gift from an early age and was lucky to be encouraged in it." Christy goes on to say that she took art classes through high school but then life took over with marriage, family, and making a living. Finally she decided that if she wanted to be an artist then she better get at it. I am so glad she did. Polymer has become her canvas now. She says about SteamPunk,
"SteamPunk is a wonderful concept a futuristic -nostalgic -fantasy thing. Like being in the Victorian era, looking at the future, with the technology of the day." Looking for the right component is part of the fun in creating. Christy even involves her daughter and her friends, getting them to dismantle their old watches for art.
To see some of Christy's art please visit
http://store.cforiginals.net/index.html you will not be disappointed.

Bead with Honor and Integrity
Nicole/Beadwright

13 comments:

  1. Love these pieces, absolutely splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christy's work! I think I have all of her books, and a couple of years ago I took a class from her at the Bead/Button Show in Milwaukee. She's great fun to be around, in addition to being supremely talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, those are gorgeous!!! I love the seahorses!!! v. cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - those dragons are so cool!! I love the dragonfly as well. Just lovely and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're absolutely right, Nicole...Christy's sense of humour really does come through in her fantastic work! These Steampunk creatures are no exception, full of whimsy and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like some really cool work. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I am going to check her site out now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't go in for fantasy, but love looking at the mechanics for watches. Great looking pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A genius in making. really beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dragons too! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, these are so coooolll! I want one. The cleverness of it all!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry I had to put a word verification for my comments due to the unsightly spam comments against women. Please take the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.